Vegetarians.

Comment threads from front page posts.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

From here.

Well I hope none of you regulars are vegetarian.

Edited By GORDON on 1131478994
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

I knew a non-active-duty Marine who said he was a vegetarian. But he ate fish.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Heh. Then he wasn't a vegetarian, just dumb.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Yeah he was.
It's not me, it's someone else.
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

I didn't think he was dumb, I just thought the idea that you could be a "vegetarian" and eat the flesh of an animal was dumb.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Holy shit... someone used almost the exact same words on Boortz, today:

http://boortz.com/nuze/index.html

he only reason someone can choose to be a vegetarian is becuase they are supported in their perversity by a complex civilization with sufficient abundance permitting such indulgence.

The point being that a vegetarian eschews flesh because it has never been sufficiently hungry to require it to discard its philosophy. No civilization is more than three meals away from colapse and on that day, you'll fall on anything slower than yourself and consume it. Teeth and toenails.

Before that scenerio might occur, those of us here at the home long to meet a philosophical vegetarian with diabetes.

To me the real mind scramble is that the person also used the word eschew.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Uh-oh, I feel... a shift in the blogosphere...
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

It seems vegetarianism among humans is a self-correcting problem.

http://www.newindpress.com/NewsItems.asp?ID=IEP20060625093028&Page=P&Title=Nation&Topic=168&
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Remember my "Vegetable Holocaust" post?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
DictionaryDave

Post by DictionaryDave »

I always point out to vegetarians the only reason vegetarians can exist is because of the availibilty of a wide variety of vegetables and vitamins. Otherwise they would be up shit creek.
Those teeth are called canines for a reason.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Vegan parents starve infant to death.

http://wsbradio.com/news/050207vegan.html
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

A Superior Court jury in Atlanta convicted a vegan couple of murder and cruelty to children Wednesday in the death of their six-week old, who was fed a diet largely consisting of soy milk and apple juice.

Wow. Breast milk too animal-ish? Don't know the difference between soy milk and soy formula? Are a farking retard for giving your newborn apple juice?

The kid didn't die due to his parents' being a vegan, but due to them being absolute fucking retards.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote:
A Superior Court jury in Atlanta convicted a vegan couple of murder and cruelty to children Wednesday in the death of their six-week old, who was fed a diet largely consisting of soy milk and apple juice.
Wow. Breast milk too animal-ish? Don't know the difference between soy milk and soy formula? Are a farking retard for giving your newborn apple juice?

The kid didn't die due to his parents' being a vegan, but due to them being absolute fucking retards.
Shit like this feels different as a parent, doesn't it.
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

They must be fundamentalist Christians, since they hate science so much.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote:
TheCatt wrote:

Honestly, I don't think so. But the fact that they could do that do a human being is pretty severe to begin with, so I'm not sure there's any more response that could happen.
DoctorChaos

Post by DoctorChaos »

About a year back, I found this article (somewhere on the BBC) where a doctor went on record saying parents keeping their kids on a vegan diet are abusing their kids. There's a reason our brains are as big as they are. We increased our caloric intake by eating..... meat.
Wadda mean? Other people can read this?!
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

Maybe Darwin will claim the vegans.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote:
GORDON wrote: Shit like this feels different as a parent, doesn't it.
Honestly, I don't think so.
Yes you do.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

thibodeaux wrote:Maybe Darwin will claim the vegans.

Evolution is, in a nutshell, a change in the characteristics of a group, over time.

Vegans themselves, as a movement, changed the characteristics of the group of humans when they decided to... whatever it is they decided.

It just seems that sometimes that choice is a genetic dead end. It's unfortunate, because you rarely see a high school graduate in the middle of Nowhere, West Virginia up and decide he's going to limit his nutritional options (on purpose). It's usually the folks with the higher education making these dumb choices.

I'd like to see reproductive stats for true vegans.

Edited By GORDON on 1178254335
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote:
TheCatt wrote:

Someone told me of a story yesterday that finally triggered a parental response.

Father puts baby in microwave.

I cut the person off, so only imagined the worst... A little girl, the same age as ours (2 months). It turns out she lived, but suffered burns and has already had two skin grafts.