Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

That Karl Rove...
DoctorChaos

Post by DoctorChaos »

In Chicago, a few businesses found a bright side to the storm Thursday night.

"People would not leave," said bartender Nick McCann. "We had $2 margaritas, and people were getting hammered."

And that's how we do it, bitches!

Interesting how the Midwest chose to respond to the storms. No rape, murder, or shooting at rescue workers. What's wrong with us?
Wadda mean? Other people can read this?!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Oh yeah, shooting at rescue workers. I forgot about that one for the parody....
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I missed the part in the article where the entire city of Chicago flooded, and was filled with standing water still.
It's not me, it's someone else.
DoctorChaos

Post by DoctorChaos »

That's a normal day in the south side.
Wadda mean? Other people can read this?!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

And I wasn't talking about Chicago, I was talking about the city of Findlay. They had standing water. I mentioned the name "Findlay" at least twice. I said "Chicago" zero times.

Edited By GORDON on 1188508475
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote:And I wasn't talking about Chicago, I was talking about the city of Findlay. They had standing water. I mentioned the name "Findlay" at least twice. I said "Chicago" zero times.
Actually, your title mentions Findley.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Goddammit.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Water from the worst flood in nearly a century in this northwest Ohio city began receding Thursday, as it did elsewhere in the Midwest, allowing some of the more than 1,000 homeowners who had been displaced to get a look at the soaked photo albums, boxes of clothes and furniture in their basements.

1000 homeowners, versus an entire city.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Well crap, I hadn't thought of that. That changes everything. It was all because it was a bigger city.

I'm just glad I live in a small town so if some type of hardship hits I don't have to turn into an animal. At least I have that going for me. Sorry about you peeps in Raiegh/Durham. Enjoy your riots the next time it.... snows, or something.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

You saw they were able to actually evacuate everyone, and provide them with shelters that had power,and not cram them all into a single classroom or something, right?

Seriously, it was radically different, I'm sorry you can't imagine it.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Yes, it was radically different. I never suggested otherwise. But while you claim the main difference was scale, I'm suggesting the main difference was leadership, at every possible level. Mayor to civilians to individuals' self discipline and maturity.

Scale doesn't really mean shit, especially considering the leadership in NOLA had three days before the storm they knew was a big hurricane hit to make preparations. We all know no mandatory evacuation on NOLA was ordered and we've all seen the busses leaking oil in the parking lot. We've all heard them blaming the federal government for their own lack of preparedness. We see people, two years later, still crying for more handouts.

The midwest just thought another rain storm was coming through, and yet they handled it. No murder, rioting, or looting.

Who in the hell said there was no difference? The entire basis of my post was in pointing out the differences. I just don't think scale is a main one. Why are you even arguing about this? What's your angle?

Edited By GORDON on 1188517801
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote:Yes, it was radically different. I never suggested otherwise. But while you claim the main difference was scale, I'm suggesting the main difference was leadership, at every possible level. Mayor to civilians to individuals' self discipline and maturity.

Scale doesn't really mean shit, especially considering the leadership in NOLA had three days before the storm they knew was a big hurricane hit to make preparations.
Bullshit. Scale always matters. Try building a house versus building a neighborhood. Managing 1 server or 500. Having 10 users or 1000. Finding shelter for 1000 people is easy, the system that can do that already exists. Getting 1000 out of a town is a fuckload easier than getting out 500,000 (or however many people lived there plus the surrounding areas) much less finding them a place to be.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Eh, you win. The residents of new orleans are no different than those in ohio, and Bush failed them.

Psycho.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

This is just a trap to get me to type "I w i n" isn't it?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

The sheer weight of numbers makes some shit difficult. Not that the fact excuses gang rape in the Superdome, though.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

There's gonna be complete devastation in Des Moines.

I bet their local sports stadium will be the scene of vast crime and gang rape.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,366315,00.html
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I hear the mayor of Des Moines is worried about putting his "Vanilla City" back together again.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Yeah, but Iowa sucks. & it wouldn't be vanilla. It'd be corn.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."