GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Bumped for front page post.

Edited By GORDON on 1194273849
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

"There are media reports that not all scientists believe that your numbers are correct, and that man's impact on the climate is minimal. How do you respond?"

Al: "You know, the media is really in a traditional 'report all sides of the story' mode, yet there are still people who think the world is flat, and yet the media would would never consider airing their side of the issue. The media really just needs to ignore these people outside of the vast global warming Consensus."

So, if the question was directed at Al Gore & he answers for the media, is Al Gore saying ... I dunno, that he's the media? He didn't really answer anything.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

Haven't you guys figured it out yet? Al Gore is insane.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Just putting a spotlight on it, brother.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I do agree with him that too often the media reports both sides of the story, where there is little legitimate reason for a second side to exist. I disagree with his belief that this is one of those times.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Malcolm wrote:
"There are media reports that not all scientists believe that your numbers are correct, and that man's impact on the climate is minimal. How do you respond?"

Al: "You know, the media is really in a traditional 'report all sides of the story' mode, yet there are still people who think the world is flat, and yet the media would would never consider airing their side of the issue. The media really just needs to ignore these people outside of the vast global warming Consensus."
So, if the question was directed at Al Gore & he answers for the media, is Al Gore saying ... I dunno, that he's the media? He didn't really answer anything.
Somewhat related, as both things happened on TV:

Katy Kouric, in a story about FEMA trailers releasing noxious fumes, asked some "expert," if the trailers are getting so bad, why hasn't FEMA moved these 50,000 families out of them, yet? Almost exact question.

I was laughing so I didn't hear the because-bush-sucks-esque response...

So.... why haven't these families moved themselves out, yet? Must be frikkin nice trailers.