GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

From here.

Edited By GORDON on 1226174088
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
WSGrundy

Post by WSGrundy »

This ending daylight savings time so late sucks for Halloween. It was still light out when everyone started trick or treating.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

We agree.

That was one thing about the movie E.T. that I didn't understand when I was 12 (or whatever)... when they all went trick or treating, it was still light out.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Happy Halloween!

Edited By TheCatt on 1193878853
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote:Happy Halloween!

I thought her mama had brown eyes... must have a recessive blue? Or am I misremembering?

Or maybe she's not the real mother...
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Here's mine and Leisher's the other day trick-or-treating at the Toledo Zoo.

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Yes, mom has brown eyes. But mom's dad has blue eyes, which gave the flower up there about 50/50 odds.

And most babies come out with blue eyes that change later. So far hers haven't. Her mom really wants blue eyes for her.

Code: Select all

Often, newborns have blue eyes, which change to green, hazel, light brown or dark brown, as they grow older. It is thought that exposure to light after birth triggers the production of melanin in the iris of the eye. By three years of age, the eyes produce and store enough melanin to indicate their natural shade. While changes in eye color of infants are more common, even in adults, eye color changes are seen, most often as a result of exposure to the sun. Sunlight triggers melanin production in the eye, as it does to the skin. People with green eyes in the winter might develop darker, more hazel eyes if they spend more time outdoors
[/color]
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

This ending daylight savings time so late sucks for Halloween. It was still light out when everyone started trick or treating.

Everyone we ran into was complaining about it. It took all the fun out of Halloween. Hell, for the first 15 minutes you couldn't even tell which houses were giving away candy because you couldn't tell if their porch lights were on or not.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Paul

Post by Paul »

Mine wanted to be a spider, so we got her a spider outfit.
Her best friend was the cheerleader. I am *so* glad that mine didn't want to be a cheerleader.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Of course, by being a spider, she's going to grow up goth.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Hide the knives.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Saw the same cheerleader outfit on one of the neighbor girls last night.

I was actually quite disappointed by the lack of good outfits this year. Best one I saw was a chubby kid dressed up as Babe Ruth. I think it was rather honest to pick a costume that fits your body type.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Paul

Post by Paul »

There was this huge lady following her kids. She was round. Every step looked labored. When the kids ran up the walk to the driveway she took every opportunity to sit. This lady was immense!

She was wearing blue pants and blue shirt.

I pointed her out to my wife and said, "Look! It's Veruca Salt!"

Edited By Paul on 1194031242
Paul

Post by Paul »

We went with some friends of ours. One is ex-military. He said that on base each Halloween they'd close down the streets so kids could run. People in houses would sit out front with candy and coolers of beer. The kids picked up candy, their parent's picked up a beer. So everyone was walking around drinking in the streets and eating candy.

That sounded so awesome.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Paul wrote:I pointed her out to my wife and said, "Look! It's Veruca Salt!"
Doesn't look that big to me :)

GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Paul wrote:We went with some friends of ours. One is ex-military. He said that on base each Halloween they'd close down the streets so kids could run. People in houses would sit out front with candy and coolers of beer. The kids picked up candy, their parent's picked up a beer. So everyone was walking around drinking in the streets and eating candy.

That sounded so awesome.
That's a lot like what I saw the other night, except half the houses also had little bon fires going at the end of their driveways.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Paul wrote:There was this huge lady following her kids. She was round. Every step looked labored. When the kids ran up the walk to the driveway she took every opportunity to sit. This lady was immense!

She was wearing blue pants and blue shirt.

I pointed her out to my wife and said, "Look! It's Veruca Salt!"
I get it.
Paul

Post by Paul »

TheCatt wrote:
Paul wrote:I pointed her out to my wife and said, "Look! It's Veruca Salt!"
Doesn't look that big to me :)

She is way bigger than Veruca Salt ever was.

We talked a bit about the band after that.
I liked Seether and Volcano Girls. I moved to BFE before their third album came out, so I have no idea if it got radio play in the civilized world or not.