Fast Food. - But not really.

Comment threads from front page posts.
Mommy Dearest

Post by Mommy Dearest »

GORDON wrote:
TheCatt wrote:So, someone give me a healthy meal and compare it to the cost of McDonalds.

The bottom 33% of all US households (37.3 million households) earn less than $30k/year. Poverty level is $20k for a family of four.

Tell me how they can eat healthfully.

I think the amount of food stamps you get varies by state. Conceivably it's possible that a family under the poverty line will be able to afford better food than a family over it.

Actually just last week, Toledo Councilmen, or some political group tried to feed their families on the amount of foodstamps that they would receive. Never did see the outcome.

And I am pretty sure a jar of peanut butter costs more than $1.19. But don't quote me on that.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Even if it didn't cover the entire food bill, it would still subsidize it.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

And I am pretty sure a jar of peanut butter costs more than $1.19. But don't quote me on that.

I think it does here in our market, but I googled the national average price and it was $1.14. That number actually came from an article about the current price of peanut butter.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
DoctorChaos

Post by DoctorChaos »

The main reason people eat fast food is THEY'RE LAZY They don't want to spend 30 minutes in the kitchen and then clean up the dishes. I'll spend an hour plus in the kitchen cooking but I'm running like hell when the dishes need to be cleaned up. :) These fuckers on food stamps and welfare, most of them are doing it because they don't want to work. How can I back that claim up, all the help wanted signs. Don't give me the 'it doesn't pay enough' argument. They can still get subsidized housing, free medical, food stamps. They can not get cable, cigarettes, drugs, or booze. Hey, there's more time you can either cook or earn more money. Am I stereotyping, a little but I've seen first hand how these idiots live. You notice most poor people smoke. That's a shitload of money over a year just for cigarettes.

Ok, I'm done venting. The soap box is available.
Wadda mean? Other people can read this?!