Post by TheCatt »

From here.

Fuckers. All of them.

Edited By GORDON on 1150925677
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Great post and you're right, all of our politicians need a wake up call.

Funny how the major internet news sites (Yahoo, MSN, MSNBC, Fox, CNN, etc.) don't have stories up about the corruption, but rather the legalities of the search.

Most are leading with Gore's environmental film and his invitation for Bush to watch it.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

Nice how the both parties in the Congress are coming together on this issue. I'm so tired of the extreme rabid partisanship lately.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Nice how the both parties in the Congress are coming together on this issue. I'm so tired of the extreme rabid partisanship lately.
It's absolutely disturbing. I thought maybe Nancy would be out there talking about how the search could have been more "sensitive" (ie. less embarassing and lower profile), but the reaction from BOTH parties is just disturbing.

I honestly think they're scared shitless cuz more than just a few of them have skeletons in their closet (or, possibly their freezers)
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

I honestly think they're scared shitless cuz more than just a few of them have skeletons in their closet (or, possibly their freezers)
I think the approximate number is 535.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I totally agree. They're all corrupt and taking kick backs. Now they're all worried they might be next or that this will hurt their ability to take bribes.

And fuck the MSM for not pursuing this story. They seem to be more interested in reporting the concerns over the search.

Fuckers.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I've always thought Lou Dobbs a bit batshit insane on the whole outsourcing/illegal aliens issue, but he's right on one point:
Congress, faced with midterm elections in just over five months, is intent on giving the president what he wants and telling working men and women and their families, American citizens all, to go to hell.

Illegal aliens are more important to this Congress than securing our borders and our ports, more important than those legal immigrants who have waited in line and who follow the law.

Just replace "Illegal aliens" with bribery, pork-barrel projects, or anything else the government shouldn't do be doing, cuz so far none of it seems more important than actual security of our nation.

Congress, where all people are equal, but some are more equal than others.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

House Demands Return of Seized Property
"I think those materials ought to be returned," said Hastert, adding that the FBI agents involved "ought to be frozen out of that (case) for the sake of the Constitution."

I'm simply speechless.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I've read the Consitution, and I just can't find the "Legislators are special and their property exempt from justice" clause.

Strangely, I've not heard any of them reference it either, other than "separation of powers," but I do not think that means what they think it means.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

This whole thing just pisses me off.

Americans are fucking pussies these days. We need another Boston Tea Party.

I'm not promoting a rebellion or anything like that, just a serious public demonstration to show the government that the people aren't just mindless drones.
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

I've read the Consitution, and I just can't find the "Legislators are special and their property exempt from justice" clause.

Strangely, I've not heard any of them reference it either, other than "separation of powers," but I do not think that means what they think it means.
I guess this is the closest thing:
They shall in all cases, except treason, felony and breach of the peace, be privileged from arrest during their attendance at the session of their respective Houses, and in going to and returning from the same; and for any speech or debate in either House, they shall not be questioned in any other place.

Art. I, Sec. 6
mbilderback

Post by mbilderback »

They shall in all cases, except treason, felony and breach of the peace, be privileged from arrest during their attendance at the session of their respective Houses, and in going to and returning from the same; and for any speech or debate in either House, they shall not be questioned in any other place.

I believe taking bribes in public office is a felony. This passage does not apply.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I have no real input.

This case sickens me.

I think politicians are going to have a hard time spinning the fact they are trying to protect a thief that got caught red handed. See you at the polls. This is one of those issues where I'm going to find out where my representative stands.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

1) It would be a felony
2) It wasn't an arrest
3) He wasn't in a session of the House, they just raided his office. I'm taking "session" to mean a literal, in-progress meeting of the House, in the chambers. They prolly interpret as "currently elected"

But thanks for looking that up.
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

Yeah, I didn't really think it applied. It's just the closest thing to a sort of immunity to arrest or investigation that I could find.

But since these clowns usually act as though the Constitution places no restraint on what they can legislate, it's not too surprising they find stuff in there that ain't.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Hastert possibly under investigation
The Justice Department formally denies it but law enforcement sources tell ABC News, the congressional bribery investigation has now expanded to include the speaker of the house Dennis Hastert.

(live) Justice Department officials describe the 64-year old Illinois Republican as "very much in the mix" of the corruption investigation.

Sounds a bit like a wild-ass rumour... but still. Amazing what brings the parties together.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

When the crack house gets raided, the dealers & addicts all forget about their differences.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Bush just ordered all seized materials be sealed for 45 days.

Ugh.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Update
Attorney General Alberto Gonzales, Deputy Attorney General Paul McNulty and FBI Director Robert Mueller --indicated they would resign if forced to give the seized materials back, the officials said.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Update
Attorney General Alberto Gonzales, Deputy Attorney General Paul McNulty and FBI Director Robert Mueller --indicated they would resign if forced to give the seized materials back, the officials said.
Whoa, men of integrity? In Washington?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."