Drive-Throughs

Recipes, restaurants, food you should try, food you should avoid, etc.
GORDON
Site Admin

Drive-Throughs

Post by GORDON »

So most places around here remodelled their drive-thrus to have two lanes, which converged into one at the window. People were hilariously expected to take their proper turns and use manners. I've seen two separate fist-fights at dual drive through lanes over who has nexties, and now most everywhere i go one of the two lanes is coned off. Think those two things are related?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Drive-Throughs

Post by TheCatt »

There's a Mcdonalds near us that has this, and it's fine, except that people tend to forget the 2nd lane exists. Which is fine for me, since I'll use it.

Otherwise, it's mostly Chick-fil-as, and they tell you which car to follow when they take your order or payment.

Haven't seen any issues.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Drive-Throughs

Post by GORDON »

CFA don't play, they're out there strictly controlling it all like competent people.

The local Wendy's, mcds, and BK all have dual drive throughs, and one lane is coned off at every location.

Inability to take turns may be a local problem though, admittedly.
Leisher
Site Admin

Drive-Throughs

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:34 am So most places around here remodelled their drive-thrus to have two lanes, which converged into one at the window. People were hilariously expected to take their proper turns and use manners. I've seen two separate fist-fights at dual drive through lanes over who has nexties, and now most everywhere i go one of the two lanes is coned off. Think those two things are related?
We live in different worlds. I've never seen any fights, screaming, or even heard a honk and having three kids who constantly keep us away from home, we're in drive-thrus lines a lot.
GORDON wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:40 am one lane is coned off at every location.
I've seen this once at a BK during covid when they were begging people to work. Post-covid the cone is gone.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Drive-Throughs

Post by GORDON »

My fave one:

Long line down the side of the store, designated "drive through lane." Everybody waiting, and then alternating one ordering speaker, then the other.

Some woman skips the line and gets into the outside speaker.

Guy in pickup truck she just cut in front of gets out, starts pounding on her window and screaming at her. She decided to not partake of that McDonalds, that day. As always, I expect a gun to make an appearance, at times like that, this being America, and all.

I don't think a lot of people are intelligent enough, and polite enough, to successfully do things like that. Just what I've noticed.... people are shit.
Leisher
Site Admin

Drive-Throughs

Post by Leisher »

Chick-Fil-A is working on fixing their long lines.

Their long lines are worth it because you never have to check your bag. They get it right and they're polite.

Now the Popeye's 200 yards from a nearby Chick-Fil-A has 45 minutes lines which translates to about 8-9 cars. I'm not kidding. They ALWAYS get your order wrong and throw massive attitude the whole time. This is their standard and has been that way for years.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Drive-Throughs

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:52 pm Now the Popeye's 200 yards from a nearby Chick-Fil-A has 45 minutes lines which translates to about 8-9 cars. I'm not kidding. They ALWAYS get your order wrong and throw massive attitude the whole time. This is their standard and has been that way for years.
We gave up on the two Toledo locations years ago.

"It goan be while, days only 2 of us."