Gumbo

Recipes, restaurants, food you should try, food you should avoid, etc.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gumbo

Post by Leisher »

Anyone know of a really solid chicken and sausage gumbo recipe?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gumbo

Post by TheCatt »

Paging Thib
It's not me, it's someone else.
thibodeaux

Gumbo

Post by thibodeaux »

I haven't tried to make gumbo in a long time. My dad says he can make a pretty good roux in the microwave, which sounds like a good plan.

Lately though I've been doing chicken/sausage "jambalaya." I'm uploading a pic of the recipe; you can tweak it as much as you want. For example, I just cook the rice separately.

https://imgur.com/a/ahLlxDl
Leisher
Site Admin

Gumbo

Post by Leisher »

Thank you. I will definitely try it.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
thibodeaux

Gumbo

Post by thibodeaux »

I don't know why I didn't also take pics of the gumbo recipes (faceplam). I've got the jamalaya recipe from Boudreaux's Big-Ass Book of Cajun Cooking which of course has like half a dozen gumbo recipes:

https://imgur.com/a/JLR26XB

So that should keep you busy for a while
Leisher
Site Admin

Gumbo

Post by Leisher »

Ok, some of those immediately got my attention. Thank you!