Stubborn Brother Pizza

Recipes, restaurants, food you should try, food you should avoid, etc.
GORDON
Site Admin

Stubborn Brother Pizza

Post by GORDON »

Hey Toledo peeps.

I saw this video, and had never heard of the place.

The twist in the video is when the owner runs up, and says his name. Toledo people know.

Anyway, I went there last night. Turns out they've been busy since that video came out and there was a wait at 8pm on a Wednesday.

And I think it's the best pizza I ever had.

He had cheese, I added pepperoni. It was the good kind, like you know they cut it in the back and it's curled up at the edges.

So yeah, best pizza I ever had.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Stubborn Brother Pizza

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:11 pm The twist in the video is when the owner runs up, and says his name. Toledo people know.
I was getting super geeked to go there and then I heard that name. It does not equal "high quality" to me.
-Their steak place is good, but very dated and overpriced. Although they do have the best creme brulee I've ever had.
-Their BBQ place is ok. I got ribs there that were burnt on the outside and raw on the inside. Several other attempts never resulted in good ribs. I like their pulled pork there, but if you can't do ribs, you aren't a truly good BBQ place.
-Their Italian restaurant is a fucking insult to Italian food. The absolute worst Italian food in the city and I've eaten at Inky's...
-I will give this a try though.

On a personal note, I attended school with one of them and he was a piece of shit as a human being. Just garbage. I also happen to know a woman that got knocked up by one of his brothers. Despite not being married to him she still gets taken care of because she had a son. The women he knocked up that had daughters don't get supported. That's not a him thing either, it's a family belief regarding sons and daughters.

So yeah, not a fan.

I will give this pizza a try though. Very cool idea having the NYC water filter and it's very awesome that the University is getting love from a person with such a large following. (Even though he's also a tool.)

My only regret is nobody wearing the Toledo 13 - Michigan 10 t-shirt they sold after that game a few years back. It would have pissed el presidente off.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Stubborn Brother Pizza

Post by GORDON »

There's a granddaughter (great gd?) in my kid's graduating class. He says she's a pill.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."