Condado

Recipes, restaurants, food you should try, food you should avoid, etc.
GORDON
Site Admin

Condado

Post by GORDON »

It's a taco place that just opened in Toledo, no idea if it's a chain or whatever.

Anyway, it's kinda like Chipotle, except tacos, table service, and alcohol.

I didn't do "build your own," I tried 3 different pre-built types they had, so I could get a wide range of experience. Got a beef, a chicken, and a pork.

I realized something about these places that serve fancy schmancy shit on their food.... it's almost like they want to disguise whatever it is with other flavors, until it no longer tastes like whatever it was. I didn't taste the beef, chicken or pork in these things... I tasted the avocado paste, and corn salsa, and whatever else, they drowned it in. I don't even remember all the weird ingredients.

Condado is a taco place for people who don't like the taste of tacos.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Condado

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:33 pm I realized something about these places that serve fancy schmancy shit on their food.... it's almost like they want to disguise whatever it is with other flavors, until it no longer tastes like whatever it was. I didn't taste the beef, chicken or pork in these things... I tasted the avocado paste, and corn salsa, and whatever else, they drowned it in. I don't even remember all the weird ingredients.
That's a trend lately.
GORDON wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:33 pm Condado is a taco place for people who don't like the taste of tacos.
Or, like a variety of tastes.
Condado Tacos is an Ohio-based Mexican restaurant chain with nearly 20 locations across the Rust Belt.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Condado

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:46 pm
GORDON wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:33 pm Condado is a taco place for people who don't like the taste of tacos.
Or, like a variety of tastes.
As long as one of those tastes isn't "tacos."
Leisher
Site Admin

Condado

Post by Leisher »

There's a black taco truck that roams the city. It's parked at Alexis and Douglas 2-3 times a week that I think is pretty good.

That Condado looked like shit to me based on the pics they posted on their own website.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Condado

Post by GORDON »

I just think there's nothing that millennials can't ruin.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Condado

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:30 pm I just think there's nothing that millennials can't ruin.
His face looks too weathered, and beard too grey for millenial
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Condado

Post by GORDON »

They're in their 40s, now. And if they're marketing toward millennials, then it's the millennials' fault.
with our first location in the Short North Arts District in Columbus, Ohio.
Yeah.
Leisher
Site Admin

Condado

Post by Leisher »

El Patrino is the name of the black truck. Got some steak tacos tonight. No sauce, just some onions and cilantro because they let the meat stand for itself?

They were at Douglas and Alexis again, but this time joined by 6 other food trucks. Another taco truck, a dog stand, elephant ears, a sandwich and cheesecake one(?), and some mom and pop one with burgers and fried food.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”