Pizza Hut

Recipes, restaurants, food you should try, food you should avoid, etc.
Leisher
Site Admin

Pizza Hut

Post by Leisher »

Getting love for "drive thru" pizza plans.

There's a chain here that has done drive thru pizza for years.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Pizza Hut

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:02 am Getting love for "drive thru" pizza plans.

There's a chain here that has done drive thru pizza for years.
"pizza"

That was a short at the chain you reference, if it's the one I'm thinking of. But, it could go both ways.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Pizza Hut

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:04 am That was a short at the chain you reference
I was referencing Gino's, which is still in business and has 8 or so locations around town. So not a chain. Not all have the drive thru window. Google says there are a bunch of Gino's throughout the U.S., but they're different franchises, not the one here.

Were you thinking of Fazolli's or something? I ate there once. Once.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Pizza Hut

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:32 am Were you thinking of Fazolli's or something? I ate there once. Once.
Little Caesers has some drive throughs.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Pizza Hut

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:03 am
Leisher wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:32 am Were you thinking of Fazolli's or something? I ate there once. Once.
Little Caesers has some drive throughs.
I guess Pizza Hut gets credit because they're specifically designing restaurants to be like a typical fast food joint rather than a sit down place or in a strip mall?
GORDON
Site Admin

Pizza Hut

Post by GORDON »

Pizza Huts around here started shifting away from the sit-down restaurants at least a decade ago. They started delivering about the same time.

Feels like two decades ago.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Stranger

Pizza Hut

Post by Stranger »

Umm, I worked at a Pizza Hut that had a drive thru window like 20 years ago..

Its the same building that the Sidelines Italian is presently, the same drive thru window still exists. Is this supposed to be something new??
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
GORDON
Site Admin

Pizza Hut

Post by GORDON »

Toledo USED TO BE a test-bed for restaurants, and established places that wanted to try new things. I don't know why, and I don't know if it's still the case. But now that I'm thinking about it, new Domino's Pizza buildings have had drive-throughs for a long time.
GORDON
Site Admin

Pizza Hut

Post by GORDON »

For us "out past the east side" country kids, the Pizza Hut on Secor across from the movie theater used to be THE date-night place, as teenagers.
Stranger

Pizza Hut

Post by Stranger »

GORDON wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:28 am For us "out past the east side" country kids, the Pizza Hut on Secor across from the movie theater used to be THE date-night place, as teenagers.
Come to think of it, there were always sketchy people hanging at that theater on the weekends. This explains it, the east side was invading. :lol: :lol: :lol:
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
GORDON
Site Admin

Pizza Hut

Post by GORDON »

I as careful to state "out past" the east side. We weren't toledoans. We were the country boys the east side sluts liked to bang because we all had (crappy used) cars at 16.

Not complaining.