Some time around the last recession....

Recipes, restaurants, food you should try, food you should avoid, etc.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

"Hey boss, I have an idea on how to increase sales of our canned food product by 10%, without increasing costs."

"Yeah? I doubt it, but go ahead and tell me your idea."

"Ok, get this.... when we have a full vat of product ready for canning, first we add 10% water and mix it in really well. The consumer will never know, and we have 10% more product to sell."

"..... that idea kind of sucks. Get out of here."

Employee leaves crestfallen.

Email:
To: Upper Management
Subj: Increasing profit by 25% without increasing materials costs

++++

Opened up a can of hot dog chili sauce yesterday. Used to be thick, this time it just poured out of the can.

And last year when I had a can of Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup for nostalgia, it was so watery as to be nearly tasteless.

Fucking fuckers.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Opened up a can of hot dog chili sauce yesterday. Used to be thick, this time it just poured out of the can.

And last year when I had a can of Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup for nostalgia, it was so watery as to be nearly tasteless.
Complain. But, good luck.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

This sort of thing has been going on forever.

Why do you think Subway puts so much wood and sugar into their bread? Why most olive oil and honey are fakes? And so on.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

And don't get us started on ice cream container sizes!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I titled the thread as such because when the housing market crashed in... 2008? That's when most containers got about 10% smaller, for the same price. And now the sizes remain small, but it's more watered down. They don't even need to change the list of ingredients.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Dove Dark Chocolate bars are something of a treat I used to enjoy. They were 4 per box for $3.99 or something. Now they're 3 per box for $4.29.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

We need food to live, even more than we need health care. The government should be providing it for free, huh. Socialized McDonalds. For-profit food just exploits the poor.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

We should 100% start a campaign demanding food as "a right", and thus, should be free. Play it straight and I'll bet you'd be in the 6 figures with signatures by Monday morning.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Fuck yes.

And everyone will be required to be in the Food Service program, to subsidize those who can't afford to be in it. So everyone will have to pay a $500 fee on their taxes every year, but it isn't a tax, it's a fee, so it's legal.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

We can even start a new political party called "The Human Rights Party" where our mission is to eliminate bureaucracy and corporate greed in the name of equality and freedom for all people.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Fuck yes.

And everyone will be required to be in the Food Service program, to subsidize those who can't afford to be in it. So everyone will have to pay a $500 fee on their taxes every year, but it isn't a tax, it's a fee, so it's legal.
Yeah
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Better make the tax fee an even G per year.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Typically I purchase a name-brand can of refried beans. The other day that section was denuded, so I went to the next aisle over where the "international" foods are, and got a can of refried beans that they sell in Mexico.

Scooping these out into a container, they were super thick... and I suddenly realized the american name-brand stuff has been getting more and more soupy over the years.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Not shocking and yet another example of how American consumers don't have the power they should.

Prices rise, while quantity gets smaller and quality takes a dip as well.

Hawaiian Punch went from 52 oz to 48 oz without telling anyone. Dove Ice Cream bars used to be 4 per package, but the price rose and now there's 3 in a package. I was just reading today that someone who signed up for Dr. Squatch loved the first soap he received from them, however after some time his lasted bar was night and day from that first one. No longer are all the natural ingredients easily seen. Instead it now looks as mass produced as any other bar soap on the market.