McDonalds

Recipes, restaurants, food you should try, food you should avoid, etc.
Leisher
Site Admin

McDonalds

Post by Leisher »

It's their job?

Don't like it? Quit.

You don't get to pick the tasks you want to do and don't want to do if you accept a job and expect to keep it.

I don't give a fuck what complaints you have about working conditions or management structure.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

McDonalds

Post by GORDON »

My teenager job was doing literal construction work building houses, for $5 an hour. Those houses are still standing. Those lazy fucks can clean an ice cream machine.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

McDonalds

Post by TheCatt »

How much do the kids at Chick-fil-A make? Like triple?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Cakedaddy

McDonalds

Post by Cakedaddy »

Well, if you choose to be surprised and upset when people who are treated like shit don't perform at 100%, that's your choice!

"I realize that I pay you as little as legally allowed, and working conditions suck, but I still expect you to perform and if you don't like it, quit". Now THAT is some good management!

I remember being in food service back in the day. You know what the number one way to get us to NOT do something? Tell us it's our job. Is that right? Nope. But neither is treating people like shit.

I don't support the idea of not doing your job. But I also don't support treating people like shit. When those two get together, I'm not surprised it doesn't work out well.
GORDON
Site Admin

McDonalds

Post by GORDON »

Picturing being in the military and using that as an excuse to not do what you're told. I don't see it working.
Cakedaddy

McDonalds

Post by Cakedaddy »

There's a HUUUUUUGE difference between someone who would join the military, and someone that would choose to work at McDonald's.

But also, I knew 3 of them when I was in. It indeed did not work out well for them. They weren't working out as soldiers, but the military also wasn't in a hurry to let them go either. The harder they tried to get thrown out, it seemed the longer the military was going to take to do it. At the same time, they were removed from the rest of us and didn't affect us at all. Other than give us something to watch.
GORDON
Site Admin

McDonalds

Post by GORDON »

In the first place, a year ago no place was hiring minimum wage around here, but they were all.at least 9 an hour. Secondly, these teenage shit jobs are supposed to be prep for your first real job. Make sure you can show up on time, make sure you can follow simple instructions written in crayon. If you can't, you should have "worthless" or something tattooed on your forehead as a warning to other employers.
Cakedaddy

McDonalds

Post by Cakedaddy »

Michigan minimum is $9.45. Agreed these are supposed to be starter jobs. What you do when you are too young to have skills. You use these jobs while obtaining your education so you can get a better job. WAY too many people trying to support their families with these jobs. So tired of the "Livable wage" argument. These are NOT jobs you are supposed to live on.
TheCatt
Site Admin

McDonalds

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Michigan minimum is $9.45. Agreed these are supposed to be starter jobs. What you do when you are too young to have skills. You use these jobs while obtaining your education so you can get a better job. WAY too many people trying to support their families with these jobs. So tired of the "Livable wage" argument. These are NOT jobs you are supposed to live on.
OK, but they are. Would you rather have them working this job + getting welfare, or just the job? 40% of workers make less than $16/hour. 40% of our country that couldn't, or could barely support a family. Is that OK?
And, while real wages have stagnated for 20 years for the bottom 70% of workers, the top 10% (and especially the top 5%) have done great, with 17% and 42% growth respectively.

https://www.epi.org/publication/state-o ... ages-2018/
It's not me, it's someone else.
Cakedaddy

McDonalds

Post by Cakedaddy »

Why does it have to be job + welfare? Why can't it be job + skill training/school? Stop smoking weed and wasting your time. Do something with your life. I'm in a LOT of McDonald's and see who works there. You have your hard workers and are definitely capable of more and you have no idea why they are there. You have the people that could do more, but choose not to. They have no motivation and no desire to better themselves. They do the bare minimum, at most, even though they could do better. Then you have to people that really don't have much of a chance in life. They are at their max potential.

Group one: They are the ones that can make it at McD's as management (above store level) and many become store owners. McD's does seem to find these people and take care of them. Heard many stories of starting on lettuce and moving all the way up to being offered a franchise. They will eventually be able to support a family on their McD's salary.
Group two: Get your head out of your ass and do something for yourself. These are the ones that bitch about a livable wage the most. They don't want to earn it. They just want it. "I should be able to have no skills, do the bare minimum, but still be successful in life because 'rights'". No. Fuck you. Work.
Group three: I do feel bad for this group. Dealt some lacking genetics. I have no issue with them being subsidized by the government. They can't help it, and need help. They are often the ones you will find cleaning the ice cream machine. Strong work ethics and loyal. SHOULD be paid more. But then you'd be rewarding group two, and fuck that. Help group three outside of a wage increase. Force group two to step up and contribute to society.

All of the above applies to Walmart as well.
Leisher
Site Admin

McDonalds

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

McDonalds

Post by GORDON »

I'd try a bite of chicken cheese sammitch.
Leisher
Site Admin

McDonalds

Post by Leisher »

I believe that, in theory, it could be good. However, as a fast food offering, it is going to be like a fish filet. You either get it super fresh or it's ass.
Leisher
Site Admin

McDonalds

Post by Leisher »

Troy

McDonalds

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:12 pm Adding donuts.
Had a chocolate donut from McDonalds in Rome that was absolutely fire back in the day. A little espresso thing to go with it. Hopefully similar.
Leisher
Site Admin

McDonalds

Post by Leisher »

FTC, and pretty much every customers ever, wants to know why the ice cream machines are always broken.

I always assumed lazy workers. Now I see there's money being made. Sell your stock in Taylor distributors.
GORDON
Site Admin

McDonalds

Post by GORDON »

I didn't RTFA, but rumor has been McDs has a contract with the ice cream machine manufacturer with a hefty maintenance contract, so the supplier sends really crappy machines to McDs that constantly need to be repaired.
Leisher
Site Admin

McDonalds

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:18 am I didn't RTFA, but rumor has been McDs has a contract with the ice cream machine manufacturer with a hefty maintenance contract, so the supplier sends really crappy machines to McDs that constantly need to be repaired.
You basically nailed it.
Leisher
Site Admin

McDonalds

Post by Leisher »

Grimace is a...

That's not what I would have guessed.
Leisher
Site Admin

McDonalds

Post by Leisher »

I think McD's is done with those weird "not really a celebrity" menu items. Now they're selling your menu hacks.