Burger 21

Recipes, restaurants, food you should try, food you should avoid, etc.
Cakedaddy

Burger 21

Post by Cakedaddy »

Saw one next to the place I was going to eat (Jersey Mike's) and thought I'd try it. They have a ton of different burgers with various toppings, etc. What I found interesting:
They have pork, turkey, and vegi burgers. Also, they ask you how you want it cooked. I said "Medium". They said "That will have some pink in the center, is that ok?" Like I didn't know. . . I got it and it was at the high end of medium. Not medium well, but it wasn't 'pink in the center'. It was just. . . not fully cooked. It was close enough for fast food. Really good. I put swiss on it. Good fries. I think they put them in sugar water like McD's cause they were sweet. Thumbs up.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Burger 21

Post by TheCatt »

I really like this place, for a variety of reasons.

1 - I ask for medium, I get medium. (at least 75% of the time).

2 - Dairy free bun options (my youngest has an allergy)

3 - Great fries.

4 - Those Coke machines where you can choose from a million drinks.

I've never tried the other meats.

100x better than 5 guys.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Cakedaddy

Burger 21

Post by Cakedaddy »

Only complaint I have: $2.25 for 32oz drink. At least I get to pick from the million flavors.

I tried the 'Cuban'. It was a pork burger with ham on it. Along with their '21 sauce' and whatever else normally comes on a cuban. It was good. Definitely pork. Good flavor. Not sausage patty pork, but had a sausage taste as apposed to. . .ham or bacon? Closer to a brat maybe. But their burger was better.

I like it because my wife doesn't eat red meat. I can still go to a burger place and she doesn't have to have to obligatory 'grilled chicken sandwich'.
Leisher
Site Admin

Burger 21

Post by Leisher »

I think I've heard of this, but haven't seen one yet.

Looking forward to it.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Burger 21

Post by GORDON »

A lot of places now have large soft drinks approaching $3. Red Robin comes to mind.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."