Applebee's

Recipes, restaurants, food you should try, food you should avoid, etc.
Leisher
Site Admin

Applebee's

Post by Leisher »

100+ locations to close.

Some IHOP's too, but I didn't make this thread to discuss them.

Color me shocked that a shit hole like Applebee's is struggling when all their competitors are offering fresh, better, cheaper, and healthier food. I didn't list tastier or higher quality because that should be a given.

Look at Chilis and how they used to be the same type of shit hole, yet they've revamped their menu, are using fresher ingredients, and added amazingly good lunch deals.

I just don't think people want to walk into a dirty chain restaurant that typically caters to a lower class audience because the food is shit. Their service also being shit is just a bonus.

I've been to Applebee's about a dozen times and without fail the food and service have sucked. I'm quite certain I've never seen an attractive Applebee's employee either.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Applebee's

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Applebee's

Post by GORDON »

Someone went and commented tthat they were putting almost zero booze in them... He downed eight and felt nothing.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Applebee's

Post by GORDON »

Soem numbers:
One and a quarter ounces of cheap 80 proof tequila in each of those 'ritas if you wanted to know. Bartender at applebees here.

A standard margarita pour is one and a half ounces 80 proof tequila and half ounce of 80 proof Cointreau/triple sec. so yeah your margarita is only 62.5% of a “real” one.
Edit: to put that into into perspective, Keystone light is 4.2% and comes in 12 oz cans. That is .504 oz of ethanol. The Applebee’s margarita is 1.25 oz of 40% alcohol which is .500 oz ethanol. So you will get more drunk off a keystone light than an Applebee’s margarita.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Applebee's

Post by TheCatt »

When I was college, I couldn't figure out why drinks at bars were so expensive for being so weak.

LAter, started measuring my home pours, and a standard gin + tonic for me was 5 ounces of gin, 5 ounces of tonic ,plus some ice.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Applebee's

Post by GORDON »

My occasional Barcadi/Cokes at home tend to be rather strong. Like... triples.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Applebee's

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: My occasional Barcadi/Cokes at home tend to be rather strong. Like... triples.
Yeah, a triple is like a normal drink to me. Or, was, when I drank more. Now I get tipsy on two glasses of wine. (The lack of carbs in my diet helps)
Leisher
Site Admin

Applebee's

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Applebee's

Post by TheCatt »

Weird how people are lowering their standards instead of increasing them?
GORDON
Site Admin

Applebee's

Post by GORDON »

I've not stepped into one since my divorce.
Leisher
Site Admin

Applebee's

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:17 am
Weird how people are lowering their standards instead of increasing them?
Isn't that what people do when they choose to eat at Applebee's?
GORDON wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:10 pm I've not stepped into one since my divorce.
I can proudly say I haven't been in one since you've been divorced either!
GORDON
Site Admin

Applebee's

Post by GORDON »

I can say it used to be decent in the 1990s. One day the riblets went from "pretty good" to "complete ass."