Burger King

Recipes, restaurants, food you should try, food you should avoid, etc.
Leisher
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by Leisher »

Burger King running ads to show mold on their Whoppers.

At face value it sounds gross, but the idea is that it showcases they have stopped using chemicals and preservatives. Pretty clever considering all the various images, websites, and YouTube videos of McDonald's burgers a year later that look exactly the same as the day they were made.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by GORDON »

Kid used the app to order himself dinner on the way home from school, today. He said the app crashed as he hit the "Order" button. I didn't get an alert from my credit card that it had been charged, as I always do, so I had him order again.

Get to the place, they say they have 2 identical orders. I said there was a problem with the app, and please cancel one.

They wouldn't. I argued a bit, said I didn't want two identical orders, just refund one of them on my card. The manager literally told me, "That's not our app, it's burger king corporate. You have to go through their IT department to get your money back." I did argue, but in the end decided if I was going to get charged twice either way, might as well get twice the food. It was thrown away.

I guess I'm not going to that fucking location any more.

Told me to open a fucking help desk ticket. Fuck those fuckers.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by TheCatt »

That is some bullshit. To the twitters!
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by GORDON »

The fucked up timing of it is, as of today I haven't been getting my credit card text alerts. Last one was last night, and 4 transactions since.
Leisher
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by TheCatt »

Are the 60s coming back?
Leisher
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by Leisher »

It's ugly as hell, right?
Leisher
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by GORDON »

I'll give it a bite.
Leisher
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by Leisher »

Copying McD's "celebrity" meals.

I have kids, so I end up zipping through McD's drive-thru more often than I like (more than once...) and I have seen these "celebrity" meals. I have not recognized a single person. I don't know who this person is in BK's first one either.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:45 am Copying McD's "celebrity" meals.

I have kids, so I end up zipping through McD's drive-thru more often than I like (more than once...) and I have seen these "celebrity" meals. I have not recognized a single person. I don't know who this person is in BK's first one either.
Surely you know who Nelly is.
GORDON
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by GORDON »

My kid liked the btk (?) Meal, because he liked the sandwich, but was embarrassed to order it lest someone think he liked btk (?).
Leisher
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:58 am
Leisher wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:45 am Copying McD's "celebrity" meals.

Surely you know who Nelly is.
I do know Nelly. I must have missed that meal.

I also do know of BTK...I think. South Korean boy band?
GORDON
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by GORDON »

I believe so.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:16 am I also do know of BTK...I think. South Korean boy band?
Yes. Way to be coy about your fandom.
Leisher
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:58 am
Leisher wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:16 am I also do know of BTK...I think. South Korean boy band?
Yes. Way to be coy about your fandom.
They're in every commercial. I had to ask my oldest who they were.

They remind me of The Revolution. Apparently we're back to women thinking feminine men are hot.
GORDON
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by GORDON »

Non threatening.
Leisher
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by Leisher »

Prepare for a marketing blitz.
In the next two years, Burger King, which is owned by Restaurant Brands International (QSR), is planning to invest $400 million in improving the brand — $250 million will go toward updating restaurant tech, kitchens and remodeling, and $150 million to advertising and digital products. Franchisees will also invest in improving the brand.
Cool. Cool. How about some money towards making the food better?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:40 am How about some money towards making the food better?
right? Bleck
GORDON
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by GORDON »

BK is the superior fast food, and I will die on that hill.

Cooked beef over flame is always superior to a frying pan.