Burger King

Recipes, restaurants, food you should try, food you should avoid, etc.
Leisher
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: My kid likes it.
When Wendy's brings back their version, I'll let you know. Wendy's was fresher, bigger, and more generous with the toppings. I think he'll like it a LOT more.

I legit emailed them about bringing it back. It was that good.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by GORDON »

I liked the "Ghosts Pepper" fries in spite of the lie.

My kid goes through a gallon of.Franks Red-hot a month. I buy the big Costco containers.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by GORDON »

Times like these I hate dieting.
Leisher
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by TheCatt »

Is it any good? Is it actually healthy?
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by GORDON »

I have a hunch it's less about"healthy" than it is about being environmentally conscious.

Hippies hate people eating meat.
Vince

Burger King

Post by Vince »

I saw Glenn Beck and one of his co-hosts try one of these (the Impossible burger, but not from Burger King) and they did a blind taste test. Caveat being that the burgers were reheated from the night before, as they do a morning show. The third host is a vegetarian and wanted them to try it and admitted he didn't think they would not be able to tell the difference. He couldn't, but it has been many years since he's eaten meat.. They both picked the impossible burger as being the real beef. They said it was a protein found in some vegetable or plant that is the same compound that makes meat taste like meat. They really concentrate it and add it to the fake burgers.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by GORDON »

I tried The Impossible Whopper tonight because I was curious, but I was actually optimistic because the so-called word of mouth was that it actually tasted better than the beef Whopper, with people actually being fooled in a blind taste test.

Bullshit.

Those testimonials had to be paid propaganda. You can very much tell the difference, and I'll never eat one again while the meat one is available. It tastes really off.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by TheCatt »

The more vegans, the better, until they try to pry my burger away with their weak, dying hands
GORDON
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by GORDON »

I'll finally grow a backyard cow when they get around to banning cow farms. This amazon fire might go a bit of the way toward that goal.

Then I'll have my cow rustled a month before the slaughterhouse, and I'll have to buy guns and start hanging rustlers.
GORDON
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by GORDON »

I started using the Burger King app on my phone, since we're there at least once a week. Quick note: A triple Whopper and a Coke zero still enables me to keep to my diet. One bun worth of carbs, no sugar, and triple the protein. But I digress, the app:

1. All kinds of coupons on there not available without the app. I typically use the "$3 off a $10 order," because that eliminates all the silliness of trying to figure out if a $5 "2 whopper juniors/2 small fries/2 small drinks" calculation if that's a good deal. Oh... you can only use one of those coupons per order. So one must choose.

2. You can customize sammitches and remove items, but can't add "extra" whatever. Slight negative.

3. You plug your credit card into the app and pay there, so that can be convenient if I ever accidentally leave the house without my wallet and need food, which happens once or twice a year. This, of course, is also a potential security risk. Just make sure that particular credit card company will be cool about fraud, and will be quick to replace a card, if compromised. Another bonus is that I'm not handing my card to the minimum wage kid with a card skimmer.

4. You make the order whenever, and then when you pull into the BK driveway push the "I'm here" button. This ensures your food doesn't get made 20 minutes ahead of time. Pull up to the counter or drive through and say, "Mobile order for (your name here)." They'll say "Ok, pull around." Super easy. Barely an inconvenience.

5. My kid would be able to use the app for food if he were ever stuck somewhere without cash.

So, I give the app a thumbs up. Could be little better, but could be a lot worse.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: You can customize sammitches and remove items, but can't add "extra" whatever. Slight negative.
I've been ordering food viz Uber Eats lately, just a few times. I tried to order pizza, and no place I've ordered from has "build a pizza" as an option. This is a massive failure.
GORDON
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by GORDON »

I live too far out in the boonies to attempt Uber Eats/Doordash/whatever. Yes they'd probably deliver to me, but if you don't take a direct route from restaurant ---> my house the shit will be cold. I assume I'd be one of three deliveries, and last in the queue.

One pizza place delivers here, but I see their cars in town all the time so I know they know how to get here.
Leisher
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Barely an inconvenience.
I understood that reference.

You have inspired me to try the BK app, although I don't know how you eat a triple whopper.
GORDON
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by GORDON »

I dont eat fries with it. It's filling. And I'll still lose weight that day, because I'll still be negative calories.

Also: no cheese. WHich is bullshit, because it's right on the menu as "with cheese." They would charge more if you added cheese to a sammitch, but they don't discount if you remove the cheese.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by TheCatt »

I dont know how yall eat Burger King...
GORDON
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by GORDON »

GORDON wrote: I dont eat fries with it. It's filling. And I'll still lose weight that day, because I'll still be negative calories.

Also: no cheese. WHich is bullshit, because it's right on the menu as "with cheese." They would charge more if you added cheese to a sammitch, but they don't discount if you remove the cheese.
I just sent BK an email about the cheese thing. :-D
Leisher
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: I dont know how yall eat Burger King...
The Whopper is ok.