Burger King

Recipes, restaurants, food you should try, food you should avoid, etc.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: I like 5 Guys when I am in the mood to spend $12 on a burg and fries.
Do you hate yourself?
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote:
GORDON wrote: I like 5 Guys when I am in the mood to spend $12 on a burg and fries.
Do you hate yourself?
We'll yeah but just the usual amount.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by Leisher »

5 Guys sucks, but this is the BK thread...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: 5 Guys sucks, but this is the BK thread...
They both suck.
Cakedaddy

Burger King

Post by Cakedaddy »

5 guys is awesome. No, you can't get a portabella infused vegi burger with goat cheese. But you do get a really good cheeseburger and an unhealthy amount of delicious fries. Secret to not spending $12: Don't order a full meal. With the supersized portions, you still get a lot of food buying the small sizes. It says small, but it's the same amount of food as others' large. Also, don't buy the $2.50 large pop. Drive across the street and get a large coke at McD's for $1.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: But you do get a really good cheeseburger and an unhealthy amount of delicious fries.
You get a well done charcoal briquette with american "cheese" That's garbage. Go to a fucking Mcdonalds

It's not even a fucking cheeseburger, because they don't put cheese on it.
Today’s American cheese is, by law, required to be manufactured from at least two types of cheese. Because its manufacturing process differs from "unprocessed"/raw/natural cheeses,[1][not in citation given] American cheese cannot be legally sold under the name (authentic) "cheese" in the US. Instead, federal (and even some state) laws mandate that it be labeled as "processed cheese" if simply made from combining more than one cheese,[2] or "cheese food" if dairy ingredients such as cream, milk, skim milk, buttermilk, cheese whey, or albumin from cheese whey are added.[3] As a result, sometimes even the word "cheese" is absent altogether from the product's labeling in favor of, e.g., "American slices" or "American singles".
Cakedaddy

Burger King

Post by Cakedaddy »

Not at the ones I've been to. Mine have all been very juicy and full of flavor. I don't need my meat to be red, just for the sake of it being red. If the flavor and texture is there, I'm happy with whatever level of cooking they use. I know they don't use the leanest of meats, so it can be 'over done' and still be juicy and full of flavor. Since I don't eat fast food for the health aspect of it, I'm ok with the extra fat for the flavor. And whatever the yellow slices are, they are what I expect 'American cheese' to be and I like it. Or are you arguing that the American Cheese at your favorite spot is better and more real than 5 Guys? I like American Cheese, whatever it actually is.

When you compare American Cheese cheese burgers, 5 Guys makes a good one. If you are going to deviate from the recipe of 'Meat + American Cheese', well, then I would argue that it's not a cheese burger any more. Just like American Cheese isn't cheese because it uses other ingredients.

And to say that 5 Guys tastes anything like McDonald's just makes you sound desperate and stupid. :-)
TheCatt
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: When you compare American Cheese cheese burgers, 5 Guys makes a good one. If you are going to deviate from the recipe of 'Meat + American Cheese', well, then I would argue that it's not a cheese burger any more.
So the problem is you have no idea what a cheese burger is, if you are allowing American Cheese on it. :P
GORDON
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by GORDON »

Personally, I always hold up my pinkie finger when I eat a real-cheese cheeseburger. I'm not a peasant.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Personally, I always hold up my pinkie finger when I eat a real-cheese cheeseburger. I'm not a peasant.
Why would you raise a pinkie finger? Is that how you signal your servant to bring the next bite to your mouth?
GORDON
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by GORDON »

In order.to.display my superiority, obviously.
GORDON
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by GORDON »

Now that I think about it, can Burger Kings only exist in places that have access to natural gas utilities?

This would explain loooong stretches of empty western highways where you can find plenty of McD's along the highway, but no BKs.
GORDON
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by GORDON »

Never mind!

Also I can't delete posts in this forum.
Cakedaddy

Burger King

Post by Cakedaddy »

I missed it. Anyone get a screenshot?

Also, I can delete. I tested it.

Owned.
GORDON
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by GORDON »

I posted my speculation about BKs needing access to natural gas lines, and then saw I already said the same thing in June.

Time to start a Dementia thread in Health & Fitness.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Time to start a Dementia thread in Health & Fitness.
Yeah :(

It's been nice knowing you.
GORDON
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by GORDON »

Hi, pleased to meet you too.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Hi, pleased to meet you too.
I wonder if digital tools will help with that in the future. Like load up the relevant memories.
Leisher
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by Leisher »

BTW, BK's new jalapeno chicken sandwich sucks. I was hoping it'd be the perfection that Wendy's had for a single month last year, but nope. It's processed, bland shit.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by GORDON »

My kid likes it.