Burger King

Recipes, restaurants, food you should try, food you should avoid, etc.
Leisher
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:33 am BK is the superior fast food
That's like saying Honey Boo Boo's mom is the hottest of all the obese trailer trash.
GORDON wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:33 am Cooked beef over flame is always superior to a frying pan.
Hmm...this statement has merit. However, I would say you must allow for exceptions. For example: I'll take a Gordon Ramsey prepared filet (skillet/oven) over the average backyard BBQer's attempt any day. Now to support your argument, go check out Guga Foods (I think that's right) videos on YouTube. Dude cooks over charcoal for everything and it ALWAYS looks like perfection.

Also, BK cooking over flame is not like normal cooking over flame.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by TheCatt »

If you know how to cook, the flame isn't much difference
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by Leisher »

Exactly.

I'll be honest and say that not one time have I ever eaten and BK and had the flavor taste like or remind me of meat cooked over flames.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by GORDON »

When I have Gordon Ramsay as my personal chef, I'll admit flame doesn't matter. But as long as it's me making the steaks and burgs, then it matters big time.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by GORDON »

And besides, we were talking about the relative merits of fast food prep. I'm not even going to go back and look at who brought GR into this conversation.

BK is best fast food, because the fire.

Wendy's was a contender for best, but they just made the fries shitty. I think they're batter dipped.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:15 pm BK is best fast food, because the fire.
Ick.

Chick-Fil-A is better. Wendys is better. Taco Bell is better. McDonalds is better. Zaxby's is better. Bojangles is better. Culvers is better. Biscuitville is better.

You'd have to hold a gun to my head to go to BK.
GORDON
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by GORDON »

Well guess what mother fucker, this is america and I have lots of guns, and very little good mental health.
GORDON
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by GORDON »

CFA is noteworthy though because I don't think they make anything on a frying pan. Is everything deep fried in oil? It almost isn't fair.
Leisher
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:17 pm Zaxby's is better.
You lost me there. The chicken at that place always tastes off.
Leisher
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by Leisher »

True story:

In a small town Saturday for a swim meet. Home and food are hours away and didn't have time for breakfast. So I head to their BK and pull up to the drive thru.

"Welcome to Burger King. We have no burgers. Can I interest you in something else?"

Well, that's a first.

I ended up at McDonald's.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by TheCatt »

"So... just King?"
GORDON
Site Admin

Burger King

Post by GORDON »

Yeah it do be like that sometimes.

Drove through Arby's once, was told they were out of buns. I missed an opportunity to dad, "well I guess your commercial says you have the meats , not the buns."