Wendy's

Recipes, restaurants, food you should try, food you should avoid, etc.
Leisher
Site Admin

Wendy's

Post by Leisher »

They have a Jalapeno Fresco Spicy Chicken sandwich right now that is actually legit. I recommend it for you folks who dig spices.

I hated on Wendy's when they originally came out with the Spicy Chicken sandwich because it wasn't, so I felt like I needed to give them credit here.

This sandwich is legit. Try it.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Re: Wendy's

Post by GORDON »

Only thing is that I don't care for cheese on my chicken sammitch.... but I may try it.

Their "Ghost Pepper Fries," while being ok, don't actually contain any ghost peppers. Jalapenos. I kind of dislike the misleading marketing.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Vince

Wendy's

Post by Vince »

This isn't directly food related, but this is too funny.
Look at the entire chain. It's a name brand pile on. Hilarious!
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Wendy's

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Wendy's

Post by GORDON »

That doesn't gross me out. Babies get washed in kitchen sinks all the time.
Leisher
Site Admin

Wendy's

Post by Leisher »

Doesn't really bother me either. Kid is just being a clown.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Wendy's

Post by TheCatt »

Going full breakfast

Croissant - Check
Biscuits - Check
Baconator - What? I cannot tell if that's hamburger or sausage as the meat patty in it.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Wendy's

Post by GORDON »

I've said it before, I'll say it again: fuck breakfast. Let me order burgers at 7am, everywhere.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Wendy's

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: I've said it before, I'll say it again: fuck breakfast. Let me order burgers at 7am, everywhere.
I'd rather have all day breakfast than all day not-breakfast.
GORDON
Site Admin

Wendy's

Post by GORDON »

Also 7am tacos.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Wendy's

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Also 7am tacos.
Most tacos are garbage.
Leisher
Site Admin

Wendy's

Post by Leisher »

Wendy's breakfast is a huge hit.

This is shocking to me.

Every McDonald's I pass on the way to work (2) have lines wrapped around them in the mornings. Ditto for both Tim Horton's.

Every Wendy's (2) rarely ever has a car in line.

Now at lunchtime, different story. McD's and Wendy's have long lines, but nobody is at Tim Horton's.
Cakedaddy

Wendy's

Post by Cakedaddy »

The couple times I got it, it was good. I suspected that McD's started COVID to try to shut down Wendy's breakfast because they happened at the same time.
Leisher
Site Admin

Wendy's

Post by Leisher »

I might try it tomorrow just to see what it's about.
GORDON
Site Admin

Wendy's

Post by GORDON »

As I approach 50, I'm learning that the only way to keep the weight off is to stop eating food.

Sigh.
Leisher
Site Admin

Wendy's

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: As I approach 50, I'm learning that the only way to keep the weight off is to stop eating food.

Sigh.
Taking this to the other thread.

Tried a breakfast sandwich today. Got a sausage, egg, and swiss croissant. Reminded me of BK's offering.

Loved the fact that I could get strawberries as a side.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Wendy's

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Loved the fact that I could get strawberries as a side.
I'm listening. Nowhere else does that.
Leisher
Site Admin

Wendy's

Post by Leisher »

Strawberries were one side, apples were another option, and then your standard bullshit. Between the strawberries and my unsweet tea, the only substantial calories I had were in the sandwich.
Leisher
Site Admin

Wendy's

Post by Leisher »

Considering the chili in their restaurants is made of leftover ground beef from the night before, this is interesting.

Also, weird that a chili dog is pictured. Their chili always seemed too watery for such an application.
GORDON
Site Admin

Wendy's

Post by GORDON »

I've seen criticism of Wendy's using the day-old meat in chili. Fuck that, that makes great chili.

But I'm boycotting them as long as they're running their "Rod-o-dah" commercial.