Hey, check out this YouTube video! - megathread

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:25 am The one with Van Winkle was my fave.
His friends call him Rob.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I showed my kids Hardware Wars tonight. They were entertained.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

There's an "intellectual dark web" where left and right wing pundits get together to talk and discuss things. Who knew?

It's nice to know Stewart and O'Reilly weren't the last two on opposite ends of the political spectrum to have a friendship and be able to hold rational discussions.

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Bad timing for the ad and the product.

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

By the mid-1980s, public awareness of the disease AIDS brought notoriety to the brand due to the phonetic similarity of names and the fact that the disease caused immense weight loss in patients.[3] Initially sales were not negatively affected; in a September 1985 interview, the president of the company that manufactured it stated that in fact, sales had increased as a result of this connection.[4] Early in 1986, another executive of the manufacturer was quoted, "The product has been around for 45 years. Let the disease change its name."[5]

In 1988, by which time the product and its name had been sold to the Dep Corporation, company leadership announced that the company was seeking a new name because sales had dropped as much as 50% due to publicity about the disease.[6] The name Aydslim was tested in Britain during 1988, and ultimately the name of the product was changed in the United States in approximately January 1989 to Diet Ayds. Advertisements for Diet Ayds could be found in newspapers until at least 1993. The product has since been withdrawn from the market.
The active ingredient was originally benzocaine,[1] presumably to reduce the sense of taste to reduce eating, later changed in the candy (as reported by The New York Times) to phenylpropanolamine.[2]
Phenylpropanolamine (PPA) is a sympathomimetic agent which is used as a decongestant and appetite suppressant.[3][1][4] It was commonly used in prescription and over-the-counter cough and cold preparations. In veterinary medicine, it is used to control urinary incontinence in dogs.[5][6]
t was patented in 1938.[13] In the United States, PPA is no longer sold due to an increased risk of haemorrhagic stroke.[14]
Well that was a fun rabbit hole.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

This is the exact cruise ship my son and I went on two years ago, to Mexico. I could tell that it wasn't the newest ship in the fleet, but we had fun. This is kind of sad, to me.

"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I think I was on the Celebration.

It's actually cool to see this. Better this than just letting it rot.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

The translation is that the dude lived with some jaw and head injuries, but NOT the gross one some folks elsewhere spliced onto this video.

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Not YouTube, but check this out.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

YMCA?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Silent raves are so weird.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

YMCA is the song. The silence is what makes it weird.

It is just a gimmick, but a weird one.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

That sort of thing has been happening at least a decade, here and there.

Millennials can do anything wrong, including party.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:56 pm YMCA is the song. The silence is what makes it weird.

It is just a gimmick, but a weird one.
CALLED IT!

Yeah, Ive seen these for a while, but if you are somewhere you can't disturb the surroundings... You can go all night, and not disturb the peace.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

This is pretty cool, but seems like some big titles are missing. Maybe this is only console games?