Drugs

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Cakedaddy

drugs and "drugs"

Post by Cakedaddy »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:03 am I feel like alcohol is step one for most people. Then weed, then other things.
I know a LOT of people who have tried/drink alcohol and never anything else. I know very few people who have tried/done weed and nothing harder (the few have come up since legalization).
TheCatt wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:03 am I smoked pot back in the day, but never tried did much harder.
TheCatt wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:03 am And, LSD/shrooms.
I consider LSD/Shrooms harder stuff.
TheCatt wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:03 am How many tax dollars do you spend on police + jails?
A lot. But I feel like that's finite. Create an addict, and you have one for life. And if I have to spend money on the problem, I'd rather spend it punishing them than supporting them in their freedom.
TheCatt
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:41 am I consider LSD/Shrooms harder stuff.
I'll take a wild guess you've never tried them, then?

Scientists' take on hardness (damage to self/others)

Although, I feel that scale is not on a per person basis, but rather cumulative impact, which takes into account how many people are doing a given drug, so it's not great from an individual risk perspective.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Stranger

drugs and "drugs"

Post by Stranger »

Cakedaddy wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:41 am I know very few people who have tried/done weed and nothing harder
You can count me as one. Been smoking pot for about 25 years and still loving it, never done any other type of drug ever. And being in a rock band for many years in that time, i've been around all of it.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
GORDON
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by GORDON »

Cakedaddy wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:03 pm I'm all for freedom, but when I have to pick you up because you can't handle your shit, I'd rather you weren't allowed to go down that road. If my tax dollars weren't going to support people who have ruined their lives, I'd be ok with it. Until then, I'd rather keep it off the shelves. Freedom should include freedom from correcting other peoples' mistakes for them.
I don't believe narcan should be free, much less clean needles. If you can't handle it you should be literally left to die in the street as a warning to others.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by Leisher »

I know VERY few people who use weed, who have not also tried, or continue to do, more/harder drugs. I feel like once people cross the line into illegal (used to be) stuff, they figure 'what the hell. What's next?'.
Study says marijuana probably isn't the gateway drug people think.

I had more to post and say, but I started this right before 10 a.m. and it's now 4, so to sum up: Marijuana = not as bad as we have been told for decades. Drugs that can kill you the first time you try them, IE: all others = bad. War on drugs = A futile waste of lives and money.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

drugs and "drugs"

Post by Cakedaddy »

Bah. An Internet article and 50 cents will get you. . . pretty much nothing any more. I did my own study. And everyone I knew who did weed, also did other stuff. The exception was statistically zero.

I'll also add that people think nothing of getting high while at work where getting drunk at work was very rare. Being that I'm around high people with power tools and heavy machinery, I'm not happy that weed is legal. After off road riding, I'll get back to the trail head where people are smoking after their ride, before driving home, or before their ride if they are riding side by sides (the roll caged dune buggy vehicles that have become so popular in recent years). But then those guys were always drinking beer as well, so, no net change there. Never saw it like I do now that it's legal. And those are just the people smoking it making it obvious they are using.
Leisher
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:00 pm Bah. An Internet article and 50 cents will get you. . . pretty much nothing any more. I did my own study. And everyone I knew who did weed, also did other stuff. The exception was statistically zero.
You know what, you're right. I love your method far more than the scientific one. Now I know for certain that 95% of women on Earth want to fuck me. :D

Jokes aside, I am not discounting your experiences at all. However, understand my experiences are the exact opposite. So where does that leave us? Are my experiences not valid? Are yours? Thus the study.

As for the rest of your post, I have no disagreement there. As marijuana becomes legal the law has to react. There should be legal deterrents in place to ensure people act responsibly. In 2022 with Uber, Lyft, public transit, DoorDash, and so on, there is zero reason a responsible person should be out driving under the influence. Ditto for people at work. The folks who would get high and then work with heavy machinery should also face jail and a permanent ban from any such work once their jail term is over.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

drugs and "drugs"

Post by Cakedaddy »

Leisher wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:20 am So where does that leave us? Are my experiences not valid? Are yours? Thus the study.
I'm right, you're wrong. No, they are not. Yes, they are. The study is stupid.

It's really not that hard. I thought you had it all figured out and then you said that ridiculous stuff! Except for the women part. You left out the men.
Leisher
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by Leisher »

You lost me on that last post chief.
Leisher
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by TheCatt »

Good, do it.
GORDON
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by GORDON »

Freedom!
Leisher
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by Leisher »

NYC fentanyl information campaign rightly shit on.

Check out #4.

Next up will be their rape information campaign: "If you're going to rape someone, wear a condom so you don't get an STD."
GORDON
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by GORDON »

"A lot of people will be happy if you OD, they think you're a drain on society. Don't give them the satisfaction."
TheCatt
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:17 pmfinally.
Agreed, this is long overdue. Marijuana was NEVER heroin, cocaine, meth, etc. People don't smoke pot and immediately get hooked for life. Non-violent marijuana offenders should have never seen the inside of a jail cell.

That all being said, this is 100% not about marijuana. This is about trying to turn the tide in Senate races.

Also, very oddly I saw that as tweets from Trump and thought "This is just a ploy to get votes". I looked again and realized it was Biden. I think their profile pictures are very similar.
Leisher
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:17 am Here's an absolute shocker:
Marijuana users think they're super creative when high, but they actually aren't.
Man, I knew this in college.
Leisher
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by Leisher »