Drugs

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
TheCatt
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by TheCatt »

Did it find any LSD-analogues? Asking for a friend...
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by Leisher »

They're filling up indicating they are also driving...

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by Leisher »

Four people arrested in connection to OD death of actor.

Good, I guess? How about the thousands of other ODs? Are we looking for all of their killers or only for the killers of famous people?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by GORDON »

If only there was some way to not purchase and take illegal drugs that are laced with poison.

None of us are safe.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by TheCatt »

I've never been pro-heroin legalization, but maybe it should be. I dunno.
GORDON
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by GORDON »

Kind of a self-correcting problem.
Leisher
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by Leisher »

A lot of parents don't know the difference between CBD and marijuana.

That's not shocking. Most states and the federal government still consider it illegal so why would they be teaching people about it?
GORDON
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by GORDON »

I don't.
TheCatt
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by TheCatt »

I do. One day my kids will know more about drugs than I do... but it'll be a while :)
Leisher
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by Leisher »

Really simplified:

CBD is the medicinal part.

THC is the narcotic.

So if a Cadbury Creme Egg was marijuana, CBD would be the chocolate shell and THC would be the gooey center. The CBD products you sell in stores everywhere are just made out of the chocolate shell.

I've heard people say they still can feel affects, but I wonder if that's just their mind playing tricks on them.
TheCatt
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:27 am THC would be the gooey center.
Pretty sure that's more like crack cocaine, but yes.
Leisher
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:30 am
As a Cadbury Creme Egg fanatic, I agree. Although, the prices on those things are fucking outrageous anymore.
TheCatt
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:37 am
TheCatt wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:30 am
As a Cadbury Creme Egg fanatic, I agree. Although, the prices on those things are fucking outrageous anymore.
Yeah, I saw them yesterday at the store and they wanted $1.29 EACH. I skipped for once.
Cakedaddy

drugs and "drugs"

Post by Cakedaddy »

If you buy them by the dozen (at Walmart), you can still pay $.75 each.

That's why I always called bullshit on medical weed. CBD, the medicine part, wasn't in (trace amounts) what they were smoking. If you wanted the medicine, you just buy the oil and use that. Everyone that smoked weed for 'medical reasons' just wanted to get high.
GORDON
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by GORDON »

I don't need a medical reason. I think it should be legal because I like freedom and don't need a nanny.
Cakedaddy

drugs and "drugs"

Post by Cakedaddy »

I'm all for freedom, but when I have to pick you up because you can't handle your shit, I'd rather you weren't allowed to go down that road. If my tax dollars weren't going to support people who have ruined their lives, I'd be ok with it. Until then, I'd rather keep it off the shelves. Freedom should include freedom from correcting other peoples' mistakes for them.
Leisher
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:57 pm That's why I always called bullshit on medical weed. CBD, the medicine part, wasn't in (trace amounts) what they were smoking. If you wanted the medicine, you just buy the oil and use that. Everyone that smoked weed for 'medical reasons' just wanted to get high.
I do know that there are studies that clinically prove marijuana inhibits cancer cell growth and improves appetite, which is key for those getting chemo. I do not believe CBD oil has that same effect, but I genuinely do not know.
GORDON wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:15 pm I don't need a medical reason. I think it should be legal because I like freedom and don't need a nanny.
If you're doing it responsibly and not hurting anyone else, I totally agree.
Cakedaddy wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:03 pm I'm all for freedom, but when I have to pick you up because you can't handle your shit, I'd rather you weren't allowed to go down that road. If my tax dollars weren't going to support people who have ruined their lives, I'd be ok with it. Until then, I'd rather keep it off the shelves. Freedom should include freedom from correcting other peoples' mistakes for them.
I know way, way too many people who use marijuana a lot to blanket condemn them or say marijuana will lead to worse drugs or is a life-ruiner.

I'm all for alcohol and marijuana being classified as the same type of substance, but also increasing the fines and penalties for doing things under their influence. This is especially true with the various forms of marijuana that cannot be easily detected by odor and whatnot, like edibles.
Cakedaddy

drugs and "drugs"

Post by Cakedaddy »

Leisher wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:08 am I know way, way too many people who use marijuana a lot to blanket condemn them or say marijuana will lead to worse drugs or is a life-ruiner.
I know VERY few people who use weed, who have not also tried, or continue to do, more/harder drugs. I feel like once people cross the line into illegal (used to be) stuff, they figure 'what the hell. What's next?'. So does weed MAKE you try harder? No. Does it open the door to drugs and experimentation? I believe so. Now that it's legal, the line has moved, so will it have the same affect? Not sure yet. Because since it's been legal, I know people who have never done it, have tried it, and nothing else. So. . .

I just don't like the argument of "it should be legal because of freedom" because it costs us too much money. Freedom comes with responsibility, which people just don't have here. When my tax dollars are used to feed/house/treat addicts, I don't want there to be addicts, so, illegal.
TheCatt
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:34 am I feel like once people cross the line into illegal (used to be) stuff, they figure 'what the hell. What's next?'. So does weed MAKE you try harder? No. Does it open the door to drugs and experimentation? I believe so
I feel like alcohol is step one for most people. Then weed, then other things.

I smoked pot back in the day, but never tried did much harder. I drank cough syrup once, that was gross. I took pain meds one night as I had some left over, that was kinda fun, but also kinda not as my friend and I just got really tired. And, LSD/shrooms. No coke or heroin.
Cakedaddy wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:34 am When my tax dollars are used to feed/house/treat addicts, I don't want there to be addicts, so, illegal.
How many tax dollars do you spend on police + jails?