Drugs

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
TheCatt
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by TheCatt »

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/03/20/health ... cnn.com%2F

Kids on ADHD meds also increased likelihood of psychosis
Leisher
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by Leisher »

A trial is going to determine if Big Pharma can be held liable for opioid epidemic.

On the one hand, if their executives purposely devised tactics to push drugs on people to get them addicted, not only should the companies be held liable, but the executives should face jail time. And I'm talking life sentence upon life sentence. Really throw the book at them and make them an example to get corporate America in check. Although, probably the wrong president for that...

On the other, none of those executives shoved the needle into your arm.
TheCatt
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by TheCatt »

Yeah, I struggle with that balance. Part of the challenge is that some people are very susceptible to these drugs, just like some people are very susceptible to smoking + alcohol.

No one made me smoke, but damn it was hard to quit.
TheCatt
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by TheCatt »

Coroner claims first ever THC overdose found.

The article doesn't really provide much information other than what the coroner says, vs what the experts say... but this line....
"I'm 100 percent sure of the readings we've found,” he told WWLT. “I definitely did some research before I came to the conclusion that this was the cause of death."
I'm just picturing the guy using google... For some reason the "definitely" makes me believe him much less
Vince

drugs and "drugs"

Post by Vince »

Yeah, I'm having trouble believing this. Psychotic break? Yeah, I could go with that. But not death.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by TheCatt »

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory ... dlines_hed

Pregnant women doing pot more often than in the past.
Leisher
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by TheCatt »

Shame NY couldn't go all the way.
Leisher
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by GORDON »

How much do you suppose the "war on drugs" has to do with keeping private prisons in business? I read the other day that a stupid-high percentage of prisoners are in on minor drug possession offenses.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: How much do you suppose the "war on drugs" has to do with keeping private prisons in business? I read the other day that a stupid-high percentage of prisoners are in on minor drug possession offenses.
Yeah, there was an article going around about how 70% (or maybe 50%, either way a majority) of arrests are for less than 1 gram of drugs, which is OBSCENE.
GORDON
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by GORDON »

It's such a drain on everything.... except private prisons.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by Leisher »

Vince

drugs and "drugs"

Post by Vince »

GORDON wrote: How much do you suppose the "war on drugs" has to do with keeping private prisons in business? I read the other day that a stupid-high percentage of prisoners are in on minor drug possession offenses.
This number gets blown out of proportion a lot. In Federal prisons it's a very high percentage. But your rapes and murders and assaults are not federal crimes. Those are state crimes. Also, a lot of the minor drug charges are plea agreements that are getting down from charges of dealing, illegal firearm possession, etc.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by TheCatt »

Pot isn't sunshine and roses, but I'll still take legalization any day.