Christian Church Stuff (Catholics, etc.)

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:26 pm
TheCatt wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:30 pm
Leisher wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:29 pm The fuck are you talking about?

On a completely unrelated and random note, quoted links don't change if someone changes the original link.
Unless you edit them both. I swear I clicked the pope link and got the rocket article.
I can neither confirm nor deny any of your wild accusations!
THERE WE GO! I KNEW IT!
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:50 pm
Leisher wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:26 pm
TheCatt wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:30 pm Unless you edit them both. I swear I clicked the pope link and got the rocket article.
I can neither confirm nor deny any of your wild accusations!
THERE WE GO! I KNEW IT!
You know and can prove nothing!
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:07 am
TheCatt wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:50 pm
Leisher wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:26 pm I can neither confirm nor deny any of your wild accusations!
THERE WE GO! I KNEW IT!
You know and can prove nothing!
Time to upgrade the board to the blockchain.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Ok so from context i think someone linked the wrong webpage at some point. But other than that, no idea what you assholes are on the second page of talking about.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:19 am Ok so from context i think someone linked the wrong webpage at some point. But other than that, no idea what you assholes are on the second page of talking about.
Pope said stop getting pets and make more babies.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

"I love my schnauzer grandkids"
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:44 am "I love my schnauzer grandkids"
Shut up, Satan.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:26 pm
GORDON wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:44 am "I love my schnauzer grandkids"
Shut up, Satan.
Seconded.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Evangelical Christians decide Jesus too liberal.
"Multiple pastors tell me, essentially, the same story about quoting the Sermon on the Mount, parenthetically, in their preaching—'turn the other cheek'—[and] to have someone come up after to say, 'Where did you get those liberal talking points?'" Moore said.

"When the pastor would say, 'I'm literally quoting Jesus Christ' ... The response would be, 'Yes, but that doesn't work anymore. That's weak," he added. "When we get to the point where the teachings of Jesus himself are seen as subversive to us, then we're in a crisis."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Well, at least the pastor recognizes it as a problem.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

The pope calls for a ban on surrogacy and says "it's deplorable".

What's weird is I don't remember the pope taking such a hard stance on pedophilia.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:56 pm What's weird is I don't remember the pope taking such a hard stance on pedophilia.
I don't know what's so difficult to understand about condemnations like these
The pope has said sexually abusive priests are “children of God” who must be loved as well as “enemies” who should also be punished.

Speaking at a meeting with Jesuits, Francis pondered the possibility of offering “Christian love” to Paedophile priests who had destroyed children’s lives and the Catholic church’s reputation.

"It's not at all easy," the Pope said. "How can we get close, how can we speak to abusers for whom we feel disgust? Yes, they too are children of God, but how can we love them? It's a very tough question."

He continued, "The abuser must be condemned, indeed, but as a brother. Condemning him is to be understood as an act of charity,” adding that it was like "loving the enemy".
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I think the Church's response to their pedo scandal did more to drive people away from Catholicism than anything else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I read the Bible a few decades ago and was like "Ohhhhh, they just pick + choose the parts they want to listen to, got it"
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:01 am "Ohhhhh, they just pick + choose the parts they want to listen to, got it"
I thought that was common knowledge.

To be fair as to Leviticus 19:33-34, it doesn't mention how the foreigner got there. He or she may have legally obtained entry. :D
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:03 am
TheCatt wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:01 am "Ohhhhh, they just pick + choose the parts they want to listen to, got it"
I thought that was common knowledge.

To be fair as to Leviticus 19:33-34, it doesn't mention how the foreigner got there. He or she may have legally obtained entry. :D
That's why I said "decades ago," it was news to me as a teenager.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Did you get molested during this time or were you not the priest's type?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:09 pm Did you get molested during this time or were you not the priest's type?
I was protestant.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:32 pm
Leisher wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:09 pm Did you get molested during this time or were you not the priest's type?
I was protestant.
It is sadly hilarious that those three words absolve your pastor.

Also, I'm happy your wife gets to enjoy French ticklers.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:51 pm It is sadly hilarious that those three words absolve your pastor.
Yeah weird how letting people get married + date and whatnot makes them less fucked up. (Well, chicken/egg, but still)