Christian Church Stuff (Catholics, etc.)

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Malcolm

Christian Religions

Post by Malcolm »

Pope: turning away refugees makes baby Jesus cry. No wait, it's actually like...
Pope Francis went off script and turned political during his Palm Sunday homily, comparing nations who won’t accept refugees to the leaders who allowed the crucifixion of Jesus Christ.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Alhazad

Post by Alhazad »

Malcolm wrote:Pope: turning away refugees makes baby Jesus cry. No wait, it's actually like...
Pope Francis went off script and turned political during his Palm Sunday homily, comparing nations who won’t accept refugees to the leaders who allowed the crucifixion of Jesus Christ.
The leader who allowed the crucifixion of Jesus?

You mean, God?
We're Back: A Dinosaur's Story
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

How many refugees is Vatican City taking in?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

[url=https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/in ... olics-says

-no-to-gay-marriage/2016/04/07/87be6dae-fb42-11e5-813a-90ab563f0dde_story.html]Pope makes it official[/url]: god hates gay people more than divorcees.
Francis rejected outright the notion of same-sex marriage. But he laid out the church’s warmest welcome in modern times to divorced and remarried couples, saying they should not be judged, discriminated against or excluded from church life.

Apparently that's the discrimination they reserve for homosexuals.

Edited By Malcolm on 1460136205
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Apparently that's the discrimination they reserve for homosexuals.
“No union that is temporary or closed to the transmission of life can ensure the future of society.”

I'll be damned, it is. I guess all the straight dudes shooting blanks and barren heterosexual chicks are an affront to god. You'd also have to throw in anyone who's had a vasectomy or gone through menopause.

Edited By Malcolm on 1460153996
Alhazad

Post by Alhazad »

Malcolm wrote:
“No union that is temporary or closed to the transmission of life can ensure the future of society.”
I'll be damned, it is. I guess all the straight dudes shooting blanks and barren heterosexual chicks are an affront to god. You'd also have to throw in anyone who's had a vasectomy or gone through menopause.
Gonorrhea is alive and just as God made it.

Anti-biotic = Anti-Christian!
We're Back: A Dinosaur's Story
Malcolm

Re: why I can't take the Church seriously

Post by Malcolm »

Pope: yes, I am a hypocritical, pinko commie, thanks for asking.
Pope Francis returned to decry terrorism as an inhuman evil on Sunday evening, even as he once again insisted that the real root cause of terrorism is the idolatry of wealth, and not true religion.

“Terrorism grows when there is no other option, and to the extent the world economy has at its center the god of money and not the person.”

“This,” the Pope stressed, “is fundamental terrorism, it is against all humanity.”
Said the man sitting on anywhere between $10-15 BILLION dollars US that flies around in a private jet with his own personal military bodyguard. Fuck you, douchebag.
Leisher
Site Admin

Re:

Post by Leisher »

Alhazad wrote:
Malcolm wrote:Pope: turning away refugees makes baby Jesus cry. No wait, it's actually like...
The leader who allowed the crucifixion of Jesus?

You mean, God?
I wish someone could have responded that to him right on the spot.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Pope still a dumb-ass.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that there’s a global war trying to destroy marriage, an institution which he described as God’s most beautiful creation.
Obviously, Pope Esse doesn't know some of the married couples I do because divorce was the best thing that ever happened to a lot of them.
“Today, there is a global war trying to destroy marriage… they don’t destroy it with weapons, but with ideas. It’s certain ideological ways of thinking that are destroying it…we have to defend ourselves from ideological colonization,” he said.
I'm sure he had a 1:1 prop replica of the cross somewhere he attached himself to before he read that part.

Anyhow, today's Satan comes in the form of:
Gender theory or ideology instead refers to the idea that “sex” is what a person is biologically, determined by a configuration of chromosomes, hormones, reproductive units, and internal and external anatomy. Gender is what the person believes himself or herself to be.

Gender theorists say that people should be able to identify as male, female, in-between, neither or both, and discourage the stereotypical gender-based divisions, such as dolls for girls and trucks for boys.
His argument is mainly that god didn't make it that way, so fuck everyone else.
He added that even though he understands that when things become difficult, or there are “temptations,” things are resolved through the road of divorce. “You find someone, I find someone, and we’ll both begin again. Who pays? Both, but more, God pays! Because God is the one who made them one, and when they divorce they dirty what God has made.”
Fuck you and your fucked up, stupid hat, you pretentious douche. When two people who got married for idiotic reasons realize they maybe shouldn't have done that ... well, fuck you both for life. Enjoy your sham of a relationship and probable string of affairs on both sides. We must do this because the almighty's ego can't handle that we disagree with his equivalent of an e-harmony pairing.

Oh, and by the way, don't you even fucking THINK of discussing these things with your fellow Christians.
A seminarian had asked Francis about ecumenism, meaning inter-Christian dialogue. The pope answered saying that the abstract study of ecumenism should be left to theologians, while Catholics should instead focus on being friends with their Orthodox neighbors.

“Be open, be a friend. ‘But I must do everything to convert them!’ There’s a great sin against ecumenism: proselytism,” he said, adding that they’re “our brothers and sisters.”
Ecumenism, he said, is being friends, walking together, doing charitable work together and praying for each other.
You know what horseshit this reeks of?
Scholars affiliated to the Salafi and Wahhabi sects argue for an exclusive, literal definition that entails anything not specifically performed or confirmed by the Prophet.
You may recognize those two branches of Islam as being some of the most extreme and suicide-prone in the world today. They firmly believe in not thinking about their faith or trying to pull it out of the Dark Ages, which seems to be exactly what Pope Esse is encouraging.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Pope very concerned what you do with your cremated relatives.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Guess who's funding anti-weed bills in Massachusetts?
Cardinal Seán O’Malley, Governor Charlie Baker, and other religious and political leaders are rallying Tuesday against the ballot push to legalize marijuana.
O’Malley has argued that legalization would worsen the state’s scourge of opioid abuse, entice more children to use drugs, and hurt poor neighborhoods.
Legalization of bud leads to opioid abuse? The fuck?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Pope Esse forces official to resign because he thought people in Myanmar didn't need more STDs.
Leisher
Site Admin

why I can't take the Church seriously

Post by Leisher »

Huge news out of the Vatican as they finally change their mind on gay people!

Just kidding.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:42 pm Dick move by the Pope.
THE POPE MADE THE ROCKET FALL?!
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:43 pm
The fuck are you talking about?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:43 pm
TheCatt wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:43 pm
We should really make editing tracked.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:52 pm
Leisher wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:43 pm
TheCatt wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:43 pm THE POPE MADE THE ROCKET FALL?!

On a completely unrelated and random note, quoted links don't change if someone changes the original link.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:29 pm
TheCatt wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:52 pm
Leisher wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:43 pm The fuck are you talking about?

On a completely unrelated and random note, quoted links don't change if someone changes the original link.
Unless you edit them both. I swear I clicked the pope link and got the rocket article.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:30 pm
Leisher wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:29 pm
TheCatt wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:52 pm We should really make editing tracked.

Unless you edit them both. I swear I clicked the pope link and got the rocket article.
I can neither confirm nor deny any of your wild accusations!