Today's Moron Champion

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by GORDON »

Should offer the option to be dipped in pig shit for the day, Rambo style.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

Seems like a very inexpensive way to deal with small time thieves.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by GORDON »

I've been for harmless, but embarrassing, punishment for a long time. A day in the stocks in town square is a nice first strike, and a great warning to others.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by TheCatt »

Mucking follow-up

It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by TheCatt »

This judge
He buried a bunch of money to hide it, but holy fucking shit:
Under questioning by a member of the governor's panel, Judge Jones admitted he got into his now-ex-wife's work email and forwarded emails between her and a lawyer to his own account.

He admitted he impersonated a man he believed might be his wife's lover to get that man's receipt from a hotel.

And he admitted to his deposition testimony that he had buried $100,000 outside his master bedroom when he was dealing with a bank's effort to recoup money from a failed hotel venture.

The judge had testified, "You don't want to have a lot of cash in accounts because the state at some point, if you're going to owe a bill for your hotel, can come in and garnish your account."
How does he still have a job?
GORDON
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by GORDON »

Because he's elected, and the method of getting him off the bench isn't just "be a criminal?" Just a guess.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

That mucking recap needs to be sent to every judge in the country.
TheCatt wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:33 am How does he still have a job?
Gordo probably has a point, but I would add that the people in charge probably never worried much about rules and procedures for punishing one of their own.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:43 am That mucking recap needs to be sent to every judge in the country.
Fine, we don't shoot the kids calling in bomb threats + shooter threats, we muck them.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by GORDON »

Needs to be more public. Not hidden away in a barn.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:49 am Needs to be more public. Not hidden away in a barn.
I think the practice needs to be very public, the individuals not so much. At least not until they're repeat offenders.

Allow people to make their mistake in anonymity. Once they repeat it, let the world know.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by TheCatt »

Whoever sent out this message from a British utility
One of Britain’s largest energy suppliers has apologized for advising customers to cuddle with pets or challenge children to hula hoop competitions to keep warm without turning up the heat as gas and electricity bills soar this winter
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by TheCatt »

Officer playing Pokemon Go instead of responding to a crime.
The officers claimed they hadn't heard the radio request for backup but on the patrol car recordings, they were heard discussing whether to respond and Lozano could be heard saying, “Ah, screw it,” according to the court filings.

The officers are then heard for the next 20 minutes discussing the GPS-based Pokémon augmented reality cellphone game and driving to various locations to “capture" virtual creatures, the filings said.

They were fired after a police board of rights unanimously ruled that the two officers committed misconduct that was “unprofessional and embarrassing" and violated the public's trust.

The officers asked a court to overturn their firings, arguing among other things that the recordings of their private conversations were improperly used as evidence but the Superior Court judge denied their petition. The appeals court upheld that decision.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

Idiots and resolved correctly. Buh bye. Go be security guards at a mall.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by GORDON »

Fired cops usually go be cops again in the next town over.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:07 pm Fired cops usually go be cops again in the next town over.
"Usually"? No. But can it happen, like any incompetent tool from ANY other job including pedo priests simply moving to another place? Yes, it can happen.

However, background checks are supposed to be run, and being terminated from your former police job for playing Pokeman and ignoring a call should show up on there. If they still get hired, maybe have a chat with your local elected officials.

I know cops who have lost their careers thanks to a DUI. (Yes, they were actually arrested by another cop. I'm sure your mind is blown.) I also know cops who were given multiple chances after major fuckups thanks to who they were buddies with.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by GORDON »

"Very often another agency hires them."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... ires-them/

"200 back on the job elsewhere after being fired."

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/loc ... 715691001/

"Cast out police often hired in other cities"

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/11/us/w ... -them.html

First three google hits.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

Pick a topic and I'll find you google links to back up a stance no matter how obviously wrong or biased.

All of those links are meaningless without context for each and every person fired/hired. This isn't pedo priests. Cops, like ANY other job, get fired all the time for various things that wouldn't stop them from being cops elsewhere. The only ones that would matter would be if they were fired for being incompetent at their jobs which lead to lives being in danger. And please understand that distinction. Cops who are found to be incompetent and put lives in danger should NEVER be cops again. Drunk/high on duty, abusing authority, beating people, unlawful shootings, etc. Fuck those people. They shouldn't have badges or guns.

And I know your response will be "They must be held to a higher standard" because of their job and their ability to take lives. Fine, but why don't we do that with other jobs that also can cost people their lives? Firefighters. Doctors. Lawyers. Military members. Politicians. Nurses (any health care workers really). Day Care workers. School superintendents. Nursing Home workers. And that list goes on. That "higher standard" should be held to a lot of professions, but negging those professions doesn't sell papers or get clicks. Mainly because those professions aren't there to be the party pooper to your fun time...unless you're a dictator in Iraq...

Did you know that in many places firefighter standards have been lowered so much to accommodate diversity, particularly female, that they've had to "dumb down" former requirements like being able to carry 150 pounds of dead weight down a ladder? That policy actively puts the lives of citizens in danger. Nobody cares.

Some folks in the military have been sent there by judges instead of jail. People I knew were gangbangers in their civilian lives. Now we train them to be better killers and arm them. Hell, based on your anti-cop arguments here previously the Marines should be disbanded and all of their members labeled as monsters, rapists, and murderers based on stories out of Iraq/Afghanistan alone.

Marion Berry was a crack user, among many other things that made him a terrible and vulnerable leader, yet he won an election despite that being public knowledge.

Lawyers and doctors lose their licenses and move elsewhere to practice. Doctors are so expected to kill people that it's just accepted and part of the insurance they have to carry.

The MSM always has stories of day care or nursing home workers with former charges of elder abuse or pedophilia, yet they get employed again.

Pick a job and you will find shitty people doing it who should not be allowed to. My stance has always been:
1. Labeling the majority of cops based on the hyped up actions of some is as dumb as labeling an entire race based on the actions of some.
2. Politicians negatively affect your life and the impact cops have on it WAY more than most people care to realize or admit. I'm not talking about infrastructure bills, but the politicians who run police departments.
3. I think training and hiring of cops (and certain other jobs) should be a lot more stringent and the training more continuous, but the people I mentioned in #2 never seem to push such things. Ultimately they are the ones responsible.

And to further back up that point, go research disgraced police chiefs and them getting re-employed. These aren't cops anymore, or in some cases never were, but rather are the very politicians I'm talking about.