Today's Moron Champion

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by TheCatt »

School teacher tries to rob Mexican cartel. Darwin ensues. This is about 45 minutes from where I live.

Also...
Harris had taught Spanish at Union Academy in Monroe for four years and also coached basketball and track there, according to the school website.

"The UA community is mourning the unexpected loss of teacher and coach Barney Harris,” school officials posted on Facebook on Saturday. “UA students, staff and families are asked to wear UA Spirit Wear on Monday, April 12, to celebrate the life of Coach Barney Harris, whose motto, 'All Love…No Fear,' will be forever a part of who we are as a school."

The post was deleted on Wednesday, and Harris' name was no longer listed on the website.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by TheCatt »

Demi Lovato
In an Instagram story post, Lovato attacked The Bigg Chill Frozen Yogurt shop in Los Angeles, California, for being alleged “diet vultures.” The store is known for its wide variety of low-fat, sugar-free frozen yogurts and treats. Lovato claims it was “triggering” for her to walk past the sugar-free cookies.

“Finding it extremely hard to order froyo from [The Bigg Chill Frozen Yogurt] when you have to walk past tons of sugar free cookies/other diet foods before you get to the counter,” Lovato said. “Do better please. #DietCultureVultures.”
In a long-winded response, Lovato argued that the specialty store should provide regular frozen yogurt so as to not harm individuals with eating disorders.

“Not just that. Your service was terrible. So rude. The whole experience was triggering and awful. You can carry things for other people while also caring for another percentage of your customers who struggle DAILY just to even step foot in your store,” Lovato said. “You can find a way to provide an inviting environment for all people with different needs. Including eating disorders — one of the deadliest mental illnesses only second to [opioid] overdoses. Don’t make excuses, just do better.”
Famous people really do live in a different reality.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

I don't think that level of selfishness and ignorance is exclusive to famous people.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

Guy caught smuggling birds in his hair rollers.

Who knew there were singing contests for finches being held in NYC, that people gambled on them, and that it was such big money they were paying folks thousands to smuggle new contestants in?

Call me crazy, but it seems like a 30 day quarantine plus shipping costs isn't such a monumental barrier that it would encourage breaking federal law...
Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 1:13 pm 10 years? Both he and the judge are the morons here.

Death penalty.
torture + death penalty
Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

I thought we posted the original story here somewhere, but I couldn't find it.

Teen faces 16 years for rigging homecoming election.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that 16 years would be a bit harsh...
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:35 am I thought we posted the original story here somewhere, but I couldn't find it.

Teen faces 16 years for rigging homecoming election.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that 16 years would be a bit harsh...
Mom deserves some punishment, kid deserves probation/community service, etc.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

CEO writes op-ed about remote workers that pisses off all of her employees.

Old school thinking people really want employees back in the office and under their thumb. However, all workers who could work from home just learned they could and everything was fine. Hell, my management class' text book, that I just completed, was 4 years old and even in there it was talking about the growing remote work force and how it's what workers wanted.

Workers will be aided by businesses that realize expensive buildings are no longer needed if workers are at home.

Should be interesting watching this change.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by TheCatt »

I did one of my senior projects on remote working... in 1996, advocating for a hybrid model.

On the other hand, if people can live anywhere, why keep hiring expensive Americans?
Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 11:44 am On the other hand, if people can live anywhere, why keep hiring expensive Americans?
Great question, and I fully expect some greedy corporations are going to go that route.

Of course, the more you weaken the American consumer by not hiring them, the more you hurt your company and yourself.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by TheCatt »

Students for Trump founder who decided to pretend to be an attorney and take people's money.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

Target stops selling trading cards after a fight at one of its stores.

First of all, what low level trash gets into a fight over trading cards that eventually leads to a gun being involved?

Secondly, Target's response is exactly the sort of "governing to the lowest common denominator" that is causing so many issues in this country.

Someone in Arizona can't buy a pack of baseball cards because two people in Milwaukee got into a fight? Where's the logic?
GORDON
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by GORDON »

That's sorta topical, I pulled out three shoeboxes full of football cards in excellent condition, this morning. The entire 1977 and 78 NFL football roster says hello.

Oh , hello there OJ Simpson.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

You looking to sell them?
GORDON
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by GORDON »

Yup. Going to put the whole collection in some online database and see what I have. Waiting on some sleeves from Amazon, first, I want to handle them as little as possible
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."