Cryptocurrency

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Cryptocurrency

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:50 pm I think that's actually a nice decision. Bitcoin miners ARE adding to pollution.
I thought you were being snarky.

Bitcoin miners are a legit environmental problem.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Cryptocurrency

Post by GORDON »

More CO2 production than Argentina, I read yesterday. It makes sense Mr. Electric Car should recognize that.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Cryptocurrency

Post by Leisher »

Hippie.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Cryptocurrency

Post by Leisher »

Ok, I'm back on the Musk train since he's making me money again.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Cryptocurrency

Post by TheCatt »

Bitcoin down to $37k, ETH down to $2.6k... China made moves against crypto last night, reverberating now.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Cryptocurrency

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 8:35 am Bitcoin down to $37k, ETH down to $2.6k... China made moves against crypto last night, reverberating now.
I posted too early. $31k and $2k... and falling.
Leisher
Site Admin

Cryptocurrency

Post by Leisher »

I hope you sold before this crash.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Cryptocurrency

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 9:53 am I hope you sold before this crash.
I sold 75% before the crash after the Elon comments. Figured it was the start of the tide turning. So either way, I'm up.
Leisher
Site Admin

Cryptocurrency

Post by Leisher »

China refusing to get into the crypto business, and on the verge of becoming the world's largest economy is quite an obstacle.
GORDON
Site Admin

Cryptocurrency

Post by GORDON »

They don't like that which they can't control.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Cryptocurrency

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON
Site Admin

Cryptocurrency

Post by GORDON »

They don't like that which they can't control.
Leisher
Site Admin

Cryptocurrency

Post by Leisher »

Funny how the people who control the world's currency aren't willing to just step aside and let someone else come in with their Disney Dollars.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Cryptocurrency

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 1:33 pm Funny how the people who control the world's currency aren't willing to just step aside and let someone else come in with their Disney Dollars.
Right? We use currency to track crimes, make sure people pay their taxes, watch flows, etc.
GORDON
Site Admin

Cryptocurrency

Post by GORDON »

No one is forcing anyone to accept Disney dollars as legal tender.
Leisher
Site Admin

Cryptocurrency

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 2:44 pm No one is forcing anyone to accept Disney dollars as legal tender.
Criminals are... :D

BTC was down to $30K today, but recovered to $40K. With both the U.S. and China now negatively targeting crypto, I'm guessing we haven't seen the end of its drop yet.
GORDON
Site Admin

Cryptocurrency

Post by GORDON »

How are people forced to use it?
Leisher
Site Admin

Cryptocurrency

Post by Leisher »

Example: If you get hit with ransomware, like the recent pipeline, your data is encrypted. To get it unencrypted you have to pay a ransom, thus the name. Those ransoms can only be paid in Bitcoin.

Also, depending on your definition of "force", try buying something on the dark web without crypto. The anonymity of crypto is perfect for the dark web.

And honestly, normal people not being "forced" to use crypto is exactly why its fight to become credible is pretty much a super long shot. Governments aren't going to recognize it...ever. It has nothing behind it, it isn't insured, nobody is regulating it, it allows anonymity, etc. What government wants to make less money and have less control over its economy and people?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Cryptocurrency

Post by TheCatt »

BTC/ETH rebounded, and now Chinas makes another crackdown statement, so they fall again, but less than earlier this week. Such volatile much roller coaster.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Cryptocurrency

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:18 pm BTC/ETH rebounded, and now Chinas makes another crackdown statement, so they fall again, but less than earlier this week. Such volatile much roller coaster.
I quit the other day, ahead $35k total. So far they are both lower than my sells at $35k - BTC and 2.1k - ETH. It just takes too much of my energy, and I don't believe in it long term.