Cryptocurrency

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Cryptocurrency

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:30 pm u can't go to space there are still hungry people on earth
That meme really pissed me off.

So many people are so short sighted and stupid.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Cryptocurrency

Post by Leisher »

$600M cryptocurrency theft.
Regulators have increased their scrutiny of crypto platforms as investors pour billions of dollars into digital currencies. Senator Elizabeth Warren recently asked SEC Chair Gary Gensler to investigate the SEC's ability to oversee trading on crypto platforms.
In response, last week, Gensler said: "Right now, I believe investors using these platforms are not adequately protected."
Duh?

It's not physical, not insured, not regulated, not backed by any official government, and sits on computer systems that not only can be hacked, but are primary targets for hackers around the world.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Cryptocurrency

Post by TheCatt »

It's all garbage. Shut it down.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Cryptocurrency

Post by TheCatt »

People's coinbase accounts get hacked. The article talks about poor customer service, which is true, but these people didn't secure their world properly.

Coinbase should probably be smarter about suspicious logins, etc. But, welcome to crypto world people.
Leisher
Site Admin

Cryptocurrency

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:43 am It's all garbage. Shut it down.
This

Except for DOGE, of course!
Leisher
Site Admin

Cryptocurrency

Post by Leisher »

El Salvador makes Bitcoin legal tender and buys 550 of them.
The International Monetary Fund, which provided an emergency loan to El Salvador last year and is now negotiating another round of lending, has taken a dim view of using bitcoin as legal tender, saying that doing so raises a number of economic, financial and legal issues.
Weird that El Salvador isn't a world leader in finance...
TheCatt
Site Admin

Cryptocurrency

Post by TheCatt »

ETH + BTC stormed all the way back to $4k and $50k, respectively, and are now on their way back down at 3.4k and $46.4k.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Cryptocurrency

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:51 pm ETH + BTC stormed all the way back to $4k and $50k, respectively, and are now on their way back down at 3.4k and $46.4k.
And back to $3k and $42.5k
TheCatt
Site Admin

Cryptocurrency

Post by TheCatt »

Sometimes I wonder if art was the original cryptocurrency: Limited # (only 1 of a given painting), easy to avoid government taxes, smuggleable, etc.
Leisher
Site Admin

Cryptocurrency

Post by Leisher »

China bans all crypto and crypto activities.

I genuinely wonder why more countries haven't gone the same route.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Cryptocurrency

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:00 am China bans all crypto and crypto activities.

I genuinely wonder why more countries haven't gone the same route.
Srsly.

Although I bet a bunch of wealthy people are suddenly interested in it with the Democrat tax bill.
GORDON
Site Admin

Cryptocurrency

Post by GORDON »

America accomplished so much with the "war on weed" that I am sort of surprised they haven't started a "war on processor cycles."
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Cryptocurrency

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Cryptocurrency

Post by TheCatt »

Part of me wonders if the new Democratic tax bills are spurring demand for crypto.
Leisher
Site Admin

Cryptocurrency

Post by Leisher »

I'm sure a lack of faith in government and fear of constant new government theft taxes cause a lot of people to invest in crypto.
Leisher
Site Admin

Cryptocurrency

Post by Leisher »

Crypto doing well and about to get a boost.

This all continues to be based on nothing. It has to burst at some point right?

How is crypto different from comic books or baseball cards, you know, aside from those things actually existing? The value is still only want someone wants to pay.
GORDON
Site Admin

Cryptocurrency

Post by GORDON »

Well, I mean, US dollars are based on essentially nothing.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Cryptocurrency

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:15 pm Well, I mean, US dollars are based on essentially nothing.
People take my dollars.
Leisher
Site Admin

Cryptocurrency

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:48 pm
GORDON wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:15 pm Well, I mean, US dollars are based on essentially nothing.
People take my dollars.
I laughed.

Also, US dollars technically are backed by gold, insurance, and governments. Bitcoin isn't backed by shit. If the market decided tomorrow they have no value, they'd have no value.
GORDON
Site Admin

Cryptocurrency

Post by GORDON »

The US Dollar is no longer backed by gold. It's mostly just a mass agreement that it's worth something.