Cryptocurrency

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Cryptocurrency

Post by Leisher »

This is coronavirus related, but belongs here.

Pelosi is trying to put digital dollars and digital wallets into the stimulus package.

https://youtu.be/HJwFG3MsgEU?t=76
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Cryptocurrency

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Cryptocurrency

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Well, ~ 2 years later it's worth $12,000... so you tell me.
Outside of investors (and criminals), who is it worth that much to?

Amazing Spider-Man #1 graded at 9.8 is worth $900K, but without someone willing to pay that, it isn't worth it.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Cryptocurrency

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Outside of investors (and criminals), who is it worth that much to?
Maybe that's enough?
Leisher
Site Admin

Cryptocurrency

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Outside of investors (and criminals), who is it worth that much to?
Maybe that's enough?
It's plenty as long as you can sell your Bitcoins, then who cares?
Cakedaddy

Cryptocurrency

Post by Cakedaddy »

It's a pyramid scheme. As long as people keep dumping money into it, it has value. But when they stop, they crash and die. How many currencies have come and gone at this point?
GORDON
Site Admin

Cryptocurrency

Post by GORDON »

All my cash is in Pipercoin.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Cryptocurrency

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: All my cash is in Pipercoin.
I have some bad news...
Leisher
Site Admin

Cryptocurrency

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Cryptocurrency

Post by TheCatt »

69k? Nice.
GORDON
Site Admin

Cryptocurrency

Post by GORDON »

Nice.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Cryptocurrency

Post by TheCatt »

I should have just put all my $$$ into bitcoin. My $600 portfolio from earlier in the year is over $3k now.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Cryptocurrency

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: I should have just put all my $$$ into bitcoin. My $600 portfolio from earlier in the year is over $3k now.
It just keeps going.

Sitting at $27k right now. ETH at $730. Years ago I bought a handful of ETH for $7/each. Should have put in more than $50. Also, should have kept them all.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Cryptocurrency

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote:
TheCatt wrote: I should have just put all my $$$ into bitcoin. My $600 portfolio from earlier in the year is over $3k now.
It just keeps going.

Sitting at $27k right now. ETH at $730. Years ago I bought a handful of ETH for $7/each. Should have put in more than $50. Also, should have kept them all.
Bitcoin hit $33k, not at $31.5k.

ETH went over $1k, currently at $1k.
Leisher
Site Admin

Cryptocurrency

Post by Leisher »

Bitcoin to $146K?

When Rick turns that 1 into a 0, we're all fucked.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Cryptocurrency

Post by TheCatt »

Illicit activity is a strangely small %age of crypto usage.
Illicit activity made up just 0.34% of all cryptocurrency transaction volume last year, according to blockchain data firm Chainalysis. That was down from roughly 2% a year earlier.
Supposedly.
Leisher
Site Admin

Cryptocurrency

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:46 pmSupposedly.
Indeed. The fact that they need to address this makes the number they came up with pretty suspect. It's the perfect currency for illegal activity, why wouldn't they use it non-stop?

So if crime isn't what people use Bitcoin for, what moves it? Is the majority of Bitcoin spending just the investing/speculation market for Bitcoin? Most corporations and governments still won't touch it or treat it like a gimmick since there's nothing behind it, like gold, and it isn't regulated.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Cryptocurrency

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:09 am Is the majority of Bitcoin spending just the investing/speculation market for Bitcoin?
Probably.
Cakedaddy

Cryptocurrency

Post by Cakedaddy »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:23 am
Leisher wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:09 am Is the majority of Bitcoin spending just the investing/speculation market for Bitcoin?
Probably.
Definitely. Also, how would they know? Is their a survey with each transaction? "Is this transaction illicit?"
Leisher
Site Admin

Cryptocurrency

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:23 am
Probably.
That makes me think that it's a bubble that will inevitably burst.
Cakedaddy wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:59 pm Definitely. Also, how would they know? Is their a survey with each transaction? "Is this transaction illicit?"
This is a great question.