Climate Change (fka man-made global warming)

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

Are you even bothering to read what I've written? Because it sure doesn't seem like it.

Also, thinking that we can't start cleaning the giant patch of garbage until we completely stop the inflow of new garbage is incorrect. You can do both at the same time, and both immediately have positive impacts upon the Earth's bodies of water.

The longer the garbage is out there, the more it is breaking down and poisoning the water/fish/us. Just letting it sit there, grow, and rot until we complete the far more difficult task of ending all pollution seems pretty ridiculous and self-destructive.

They have a solution in place that is relatively low scale and inexpensive. (Plus jobs!) They also only need 10 total of these solutions to, relatively quickly, wipe out that garbage patch. Additionally, they are looking to get more river interceptors built and in place to stop the pollution at the source.

A single interceptor is $777,000 (Lower if they had funding to mass produce them.). A multitude of corporations could fund 1 of those without even noticing. There are 165 major rivers in the world (76 that are over 1000 miles in length).

Considering sustainability is a huge buzz word among the corporate world and they all have pages on their sites showing how green they ate, seems like this is a great "put up or shut up" opportunity.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

More proof

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:57 pm Are you even bothering to read what I've written? Because it sure doesn't seem like it.
No, he's not.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

22 nations want the entire "mitigation of climate change" section removed at COP26.

Of course, the world's #1 and #3 polluters lead the group. Also, can we stop calling China a developing nation? The world's second largest economy can't be considered developing.

Also, Spanish people and tourists diddling and shitting are ruining sand dunes there.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

More proof

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:58 am Also, can we stop calling China a developing nation? The world's second largest economy can't be considered developing.
Right?
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

Coming out of COP26, China claims it is farther down the list of biggest polluters if you go by per capita.

This is just fucking ridiculous.

Hey China, are you counting your millions of slaves? I'm guessing it would be unfair to count them as I doubt they're allowed to own things or use power.

Are you including your manufacture of CFCs, which nobody else in the world is making because they've been banned worldwide?

The world's #1 polluter and #2 largest economy and they're trying to pretend they're just a small up and coming nation.

Fuck China.
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

That argument irritates me. It's like they want a pass because they're overpopulated.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

Biden admin propaganda piece about how they're having to deal with the fallout of Trump pulling out of the Paris Climate agreement.

Here's the thing though...
In a private meeting between the Senate delegation and China’s special climate envoy Xie Zhenhua, Xie chastised the U.S. repeatedly for Trump’s withdrawal from the 2015 Paris Agreement.
If you're going to sit there and be chastised by fucking CHINA on the climate, then you absolutely and unequivocally suck at your job and should not be in that position.

And it gets better:
“They said that twice. I think it was very pointed,” Durbin added. “I think they were pointing to the unpredictability of a democratic process.”
Oh, so are you suggesting we should head the words of a totalitarian regime and dump Democracy or are YOU suggesting we dump Democracy?

One of the few things Trump did right was question why the U.S. was footing the bill for the Paris agreement, while China and India were getting free passes to continue polluting and not having to pay shit.
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

NY joins California is banning natural gas hookups.

What's the goal here? What actual impact will this have on the environment?

These politicians are so full of shit. How many corporations are actively breaking environmental laws right now and harming the environment far more than someone that wants to cook with a wok?
TheCatt
Site Admin

More proof

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:03 pm NY joins California is banning natural gas hookups.

Well, I guess it means people will use electricity. And, theoretically, it is much easier to move electricity to green power than to try and replace natural gas after the fact.
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

NG is bad now? Here it's a lot cheaper than electricity, so I assumed that meant more efficient.
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:04 pm
Leisher wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:03 pm NY joins California is banning natural gas hookups.

Well, I guess it means people will use electricity. And, theoretically, it is much easier to move electricity to green power than to try and replace natural gas after the fact.
in new buildings.
It won't do shit.
TheCatt
Site Admin

More proof

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:18 pm
TheCatt wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:04 pm

in new buildings.
It won't do shit.
People are still building new bldgs.
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:33 pm
Leisher wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:18 pm
TheCatt wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:04 pm Well, I guess it means people will use electricity. And, theoretically, it is much easier to move electricity to green power than to try and replace natural gas after the fact.
in new buildings.
It won't do shit.
People are still building new bldgs.
They are, but it's still a nothing move in the grand scheme of things.

Go after the real polluters.
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

More proof

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:46 pm New tech to remove CO2 from the air.
Quick: Sci-fi movie about them removing too much and plants dying off.
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

Didn't read. Is it called a "tree?"
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:02 pm
Leisher wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:46 pm New tech to remove CO2 from the air.
Quick: Sci-fi movie about them removing too much and plants dying off.
I DOUBT we'd be able to remove as much as was still in the ground 15k years ago, pre-historic civilization. But even then, we still had ice ages so it isn't like we were in some medium-climate paradise.
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

Huge piece at CNN about climate crisis.

Makes it hard to take them seriously after they were caught admitting to manipulating the public in the last election, and then stating climate change would be their next campaign.

Still, it'd be really nice if corporations would stop destroying the world so their CEOs could get pussy that's way out of their league.