Climate Change (fka man-made global warming)

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

You people are barbarians.

One nuke a hundred miles up, causing no destruction or immediate death, will shut them down, electro-magnetically-pulse speaking.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

So you want them to return to the age they currently live in? They're eating bats, tiger dick soup, shark fins, etc. I don't think a lack of technology is going to hinder their bad decision making.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

EMPing China would cause chaos through Asia, as the starving, dying population crosses every border by the hundreds of millions, searching for food and insulin.

Still a good outcome. :-D
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

What if this virus is just Mother Nature expressing her frustration about the number of people?

At some point the Earth has to be stretched beyond its limit of humans it can support. Perhaps we're already there?

Maybe that's why she drops tidal waves on overly-populated areas?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

We're past that point without tech. If we all have to go amish again, cities larger than Toledo are unsustainable, probably, especially in the short term. We'll have the 80% die-off, then people will figure out how to farm and barter, again.

I don't know. What was the largest city in 1880? Probably what we're talking about.
TheCatt
Site Admin

More proof

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: What was the largest city in 1880? Probably what we're talking about.
Well, New York was already over 1 million people by then... Philly was close behind.

Heck, Alexandria + Rome were 1 M people 2,000 years ago.

In 1900, London was 6.5M people...
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

At first, cities will be depleted, until we figure out horses and wagons, again (not the tech... how to produce them, and learn to use them again). Cities recover in maybe 30 years, I'd guestimate, if all electronics on the planet died, today. Whatever population was left would be very resourceful.
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

You should read One Second After.
TheCatt
Site Admin

More proof

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: You should read One Second After.
Much better than the rest of the trilogy, so feel free to stop there, FYI.
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

Is it good?

Also I didn't know it was a trilogy, now.
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote:
Is it good?

Also I didn't know it was a trilogy, now.
Yes, I know you're the one who recommended that book. I read the thing based on that thread. I was being flippant about your comment:
GORDON wrote: Whatever population was left would be very resourceful.
I was assuming you meant immediately after the event, but going back I think you meant after the 30 years?
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

Yes... if you survive the first year, you were either super paranoid and well-prepared, or very resourceful.
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

My local state beach is like that on Summer weekends, when the Toledo inner city peeps drive out.

Keep the poors off the beach, you'll have clean beaches. Until then, have prisoners picking up trash or something (a different set of poors, usually).
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

More proof

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

Bloomberg warns that the sky is falling.

Has nobody in the MSM ever heard the story of the little boy that cried wolf?

The MSM does this story every fucking year.
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

Sell those clicks today. Worry about damaged credibility tomorrow.
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

Black paint fixes "wind turbines killing birds" problem.

No word on when they'll fix the technology's inefficiency.
TheCatt
Site Admin

More proof

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: inefficiency
?????
with the average wind prices in power purchase agreements coming in at about $20 per MW-hr for the first time last year.
Natural gas is already costing over $20/MW-hr, without even considering the cost of new plants to covert the gas into electricity.
Source

Wind power has ramped up dramatically thanks to how cheap it is. (I work in the power industry)