Climate Change (fka man-made global warming)

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

CNN doesn't want you to bury grandma.

"Son, I told you to rake all the leaves towards your grandparents' bodies, not to the other side of the yard!"

:D
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

I really hope this isn't true, but it's what the prior deal basically was, so it probably is...

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

Been saying it for at least a decade. This isn't a N America problem. Banning plastic bags in Ohio won't make any difference at all.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

One of my fave sci-fi stories involved a devastated Earth.... not by bombs or fossil fuels, but because fusion was invented, made compact, and affordable. Within a decade every home had a portable fusion generator, including every village in Africa. Within a decade the massive waste heat of these things warmed up the earth 20 degrees and killed everything.
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

The fiction part of that story being everyone being allowed to have access to the portable fusion generators. The power will come from plants under strict control so one company can reap endless profits.
Cakedaddy

More proof "environmentalists" are fill of shit

Post by Cakedaddy »

Nuclear Fusion is apparently now a reality.

It always was. We just couldn't do it. :-)
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:44 pm The fiction part of that story being everyone being allowed to have access to the portable fusion generators. The power will come from plants under strict control so one company can reap endless profits.
...... but what if they could control the supply of fuel? They can make money off people for a century.
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

Climate change is really a magical thing, able to drive ad clicks and policy change.
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

I decided to take a stand on reddit.

Everyone is cumming in their pants over how awesome and brutal that Greta girl was in responding to some douche who said he has like 33 cars and is working hard to undo her progress of whatever she does. She responded with not only a small dick joke, but a "email me at little dick energy @ insult.com" email joke. That shit hasn't been funny since 1997, much less it being a sick burn. I've taken a stand that it was fucking lame as hell, and they shouldn't pretend like it was some brilliant comeback, and I'll just eat the downvotes. I'll die on that hill. The Comedy Gods are pissed off tonight.
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

There is quite a large segment of the population that believes insults are a legitimate counter to a well presented argument. They are wrong.

Not saying the guy with 33 cars has any sort of good point, just making an observation about what passes for discourse these days.
TheCatt
Site Admin

More proof

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

The memes are out about her being brutal in war because of her old, lame-ass joke.

I am offended as a comedian.
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

They do worship their idols.
382942ciq29a1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

Andrew Tate is an absolute tool. Whatever good points he ever make get washed out by him being a complete douche and an alleged sex trafficker.

At the same time, the cultists' worship of people "on their side" (BOTH sides of the spectrum), like Greta (a little girl who was clearly used as a political pawn) and Trump, is an example of the worst of human behavior. These are the same types of assholes who would have sucked Elon's dick while waiting to overpay for a Tesla only to pretend he's the dumbest, most evil person on Earth once he said "don't vote D".

A small dick joke is as low on the comedy tree as it gets. It's not brilliant and clever. It's lame, but so is a grown ass man attacking a teenager for no reason. And how fucking stupid is he to make a video with pizza boxes in the background advertising his location?
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

No doubt, Tate's a tool.

Her joke was wasn't funny, and not in any way brutal.
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

Someone just made a "Gollum" joke on Twitter and now I can't unsee it. Poor girl.

GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

Well, someone agrees with me, at least.
7jqeuxcmr69a1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.