Climate Change (fka man-made global warming)

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

More proof

Post by TheCatt »

I hope it can withstand being wet, since most of those cannot.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:08 am
I hope it can withstand being wet, since most of those cannot.
Yeah, the paper straws are cool for a drink at a time. Although, the thicker ones can handle two drinks.

I imagine these will be fine until you pick up a cold 6 pack and have them sitting in your car or whatever. Condensation will make those rings soggy and worthless for carrying heavy beers.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

More proof

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:24 am I imagine these will be fine until you pick up a cold 6 pack and have them sitting in your car or whatever. Condensation will make those rings soggy and worthless for carrying heavy beers.
Exactly. And sometimes I'm lazy and just throw the whole thing into a cooler, and then it's a soggy mess vs the plastic rings for the ones who already do this.
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

Forbes says Germany's "renewable energy" experiment is a complete failure.

I don't think I agree for long term, but short term yeah. The tech just isn't there yet.

There's a First Solar plant near my office and they say it would take 9 square miles of their solar panels to power it. Again, the tech just isn't there yet.

Going 100% renewable anytime soon isn't feasible unless we all convert to being Amish overnight.
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

I knew it was a stupid move closing all their nuclear plants.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Cakedaddy

More proof "environmentalists" are fill of shit

Post by Cakedaddy »

Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

Yeah, I know at least one pretty hardcore environmentalist who says wind power is a pipe dream in its current form. Far, far too many negatives. Nuclear is the only real option right now for the cleanest energy until solar panels dramatically improve or fusion is perfected.
TheCatt
Site Admin

More proof

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:54 pm Irony
They can be burned, though.

And, honestly, landfill space is about the last of our issues. Even been to West Texas? ND? Montana? Utah? South Dakota? Wyoming?
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

More proof

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

DACs are going to clean the atmosphere or not.

One of the biggest problems with the "Change everything NOW OR DIE!!!!" crowd is that their solutions suck. They're either unproven, questionable, and/or contain a large element of "ok, and what do normal people do about food, work, commuting, and so on if we eliminate ______".
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

More proof

Post by TheCatt »

I saw something similar yesterday where people had dumped tons of orange waste (from processing OJ), and the forest in Costa Rica had grown quite healthily: https://www.princeton.edu/news/2017/08/ ... can-forest
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

A few years ago, wasn't it Kroger who said they were getting rid of plastic bags in order to save the world, and I argued and said that was stupid?

Fyi, Kroger is still using plastic bags.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

Still going on and I've heard Polish farmers are now protesting. Still no coverage on CNN. Not sure if they're ignoring it like they did what happened in Venezuela or if they're hiding it because of their already stated goal of manipulating their audience about climate change?
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

The Western U.S. is a mess due to drought.

Desalination technologies need to be developed and put into place fast. It's amazing this has never been prioritized before.
TheCatt
Site Admin

More proof

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:08 pm Desalination technologies need to be developed and put into place fast. It's amazing this has never been prioritized before.
Pretty sure some area in CA just vetoed a possible desalination plant.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/califo ... 022-05-13/