Things posted by people I know on FB

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:39 pm I'll also need some prayers.. as i'll have to do all the house chores while taking care of her, and i've got to miss the first week of golf because of it.

Please pray for me!
This is why we should all have backup wives!

For any women reading this, the previous sentence was clearly humor. Don't be all butthurt.

(Had to type that after spending a minute in the TwoXChromosomes subreddit.)
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:22 pm This is why we should all have backup wives!
I'm listening.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:22 pm
Stranger wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:39 pm I'll also need some prayers.. as i'll have to do all the house chores while taking care of her, and i've got to miss the first week of golf because of it.

Please pray for me!
This is why we should all have backup wives!

For any women reading this, the previous sentence was clearly humor. Don't be all butthurt.

(Had to type that after spending a minute in the TwoXChromosomes subreddit.)
That subreddit defaulted to "on" when i created an account there..... I had to block it completely so I didn't end up a misogynist.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Guess my account is old enough to not have it.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Those bitches are wack. They were literally making me have less respect for women.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:51 pm That subreddit defaulted to "on" when i created an account there..... I had to block it completely so I didn't end up a misogynist.
Yeah, it defaulted to on for my account too.
GORDON wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:13 pm Those bitches are wack. They were literally making me have less respect for women.
It is insane.

It's a huge group of miserable women enabling each other to remain miserable and only see the world as a place that treats them like shit.

Here's the thread that set me off yesterday: I know "not all men" are bad, but it really feels like half, if not more than that, are. Am I just jaded?

Almost every response was "You're not jaded. Most men are misogynistic and/or rapists." Think I'm kidding, go read the comments.

You cannot be a female member of that group and come away with a positive view of men.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:33 am Here's the thread that set me off yesterday: I know "not all men" are bad, but it really feels like half, if not more than that, are. Am I just jaded?

Almost every response was "You're not jaded. Most men are misogynistic and/or rapists." Think I'm kidding, go read the comments.
I dont go there, ever, but went yesterday, and saw this thread.

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Ha! Very true.

Still, I like to see where people's heads are and damn... If you are not on bended knee asking their forgiveness for everything, you're a misogynist.

I don't ever bother commenting. I might as well go to a KKK rally and suggest that a man cannot be judged by the color of his skin.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Leisher wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:22 pm This is why we should all have backup wives!
Because you want two people telling you what to do?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:22 pm (Had to type that after spending a minute in the TwoXChromosomes subreddit.)
I've decided that the sub is good. It makes decent human males look like great people.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:49 am
Leisher wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:22 pm (Had to type that after spending a minute in the TwoXChromosomes subreddit.)
I've decided that the sub is good. It makes decent human males look like great people.
They'd ban you for implying that not all men are bad.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:58 pm They'd ban you for implying that not all men are bad.
There's at least a post a day of a man doing something "What a great partner I have!" blah blah blah
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I guess that woman found "one of the good ones." Still sounds like a hate group.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

It is 100% a hate group. It's an echo chamber of bitter, lonely women. There is nothing healthy about it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

OK, this is hilarious.

TwoXchromosomes: "All we talk about is men"

OTOH, the group is defined by not having men, so anything else they wanted to talk about, they could talk about elsewhere like normal humans.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Kinda surprised to see it had almost 4k upvotes.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Um... Talk to them? Wtf?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:35 am
Because you want two people telling you what to do?
This joke did not get the recognition it deserved. Bravo.
TheCatt wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:56 pm Um... Talk to them? Wtf?
It amazes me how little people talk before getting married. Almost as much as how little people talk after marriage amazed me.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Also relevant:
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:28 pm It amazes me how little people talk before getting married. Almost as much as how little people talk after marriage amazed me.
Srsly.