Things posted by people I know on FB

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Troy

Post by Troy »

GORDON wrote:
Troy wrote: How do you even get to “don’t know they are in a war” ????
Ever see that Boondocks where Huey has the dream about speaking truth to white people... "Jesus was black, ronald reagan was the devil?" And the white people didn't care, because no matter what the black kid said, being white was still super awesome?

I see Boomers as like that. "It must suck for all those young people to be stupid AND lazy. Another Mojito, Raul." And since some of them are 74 years old, I really don't see them hanging on 4Chan getting all offended by whiny young people, and have no idea they're were declared war on by an enemy so inept that the old people will never even know it.

I bet a dollar that the people pretending to be offended on twitter aren't actually 70 year old boomers.
They are absolutely on NextDoor, though. That’s where this is gonna get the ugliest. So many ridiculous posts on their are worthy of that response.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Never heard of NextDoor.

GenX 4 lyfe
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Troy

Post by Troy »

GORDON wrote: Never heard of NextDoor.

GenX 4 lyfe
It’s like a restricted Facebook for your neighborhood. You can only get on by receiving mail at your house address. You get your hood and a few around you only. Just like a message board, but focused on crime and safety (I see brown/black people), help wanted (looking for unpaid volunteers to serve my family thanksgiving dinner),and general dumbshit (did anyone hear that loud noise?!)

Those are real ones from my feed in the last month.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

We have Nextdoor. It's mostly "blah blah blah" with occasionally useful information like "X road is closing"
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Troy wrote:
GORDON wrote: Never heard of NextDoor.

GenX 4 lyfe
It’s like a restricted Facebook for your neighborhood. You can only get on by receiving mail at your house address. You get your hood and a few around you only. Just like a message board, but focused on crime and safety (I see brown/black people), help wanted (looking for unpaid volunteers to serve my family thanksgiving dinner),and general dumbshit (did anyone hear that loud noise?!)

Those are real ones from my feed in the last month.
Interesting. I've seen facebook groups for local neighborhoods, but never heard of NextDoor.

And I suspect it's a cesspool. Those FB groups are. You REALLY don't want to know your neighbors that well. I used to have a generally good opinion of mine, before those groups. Now I know that people are garbage!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Image

Preach, brother.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Not from my hood.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Millenials are so lazy that they make 20% less than boomers, despite being better educated.

The article also injects Gen X into it, who says those other people should keep yelling at each other and leave us out of it.

Troy

Post by Troy »

Is the data on mortgage amount pulled from like, West Texas?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Troy wrote: Is the data on mortgage amount pulled from like, West Texas?
It's averaged, so renters are bringing that down. Or people living with their parents, etc.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: And I suspect it's a cesspool. Those FB groups are. You REALLY don't want to know your neighbors that well. I used to have a generally good opinion of mine, before those groups. Now I know that people are garbage!
There is a FB for my local community that proves this point. My wife and I are members just so we can read the insanity. People bitching about drivers, parking, new businesses, roads, etc.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Post by Troy »

Something I want to post on Nextdoor but never will because I’m not a monster.

Posting these heartfelt sob stories about your missing cats will not change the fact that they were 99% eaten by a coyote and back in the circle of life now. Get a medium size or larger dog if you plan to keep your pet outside.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

"Your pets have rejoined the Carbon Cycle... rejoice!"
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:
GORDON wrote: And I suspect it's a cesspool. Those FB groups are. You REALLY don't want to know your neighbors that well. I used to have a generally good opinion of mine, before those groups. Now I know that people are garbage!
There is a FB for my local community that proves this point. My wife and I are members just so we can read the insanity. People bitching about drivers, parking, new businesses, roads, etc.

I had to quit my local groups when some people were complaining about slow drivers backing up ttraffic on the main ways in/out of town... and others laughing in the thread, "LOL I guess i have to go slower then. rack em up!" Laughing about making their neighbors' days a little worse... using their full names. Garbage.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: Posting these heartfelt sob stories about your missing cats will not change the fact that they were 99% eaten by a coyote and back in the circle of life now. Get a medium size or larger dog if you plan to keep your pet outside.
Those are rough. I'm an animal lover and pet owner myself, but you've got to understand where you live. My sister-in-law has a rodent that she claims is a dog. It fits in the palm of your hand and living in the country, she has to go out with it when it goes out because it's on most predators' menu.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Post by Troy »

“Our beloved barred rock chicken didn’t come home after foraging in the backyard this afternoon”

Ok now I feel like I’m being trolled. Your just feeding them KFC now.

E: happy ending I was wrong then found their chicken.’
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I have a love/hate relationship with Nikki Glazer. I think she's hilarious and attractive, but her act is heavily focused on sex.

I love sex, but hearing the same person drone on and on about the same subject, even sex, can get old.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I have a love/hate relationship with Nikki Glazer. I think she's hilarious and attractive, but her act is heavily focused on sex.

I love sex, but hearing the same person drone on and on about the same subject, even sex, can get old.
Never listened to her act. I do love sex though.