Things posted by people I know on FB

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

So... they were found at depth of 6500 feet... but some other dude found them by scuba diving?
With the use of sonar, oceanographer Dr. Meyer Verlag discovered giant glass pyramids at a depth of two-thousand meters. The use of other devices have allowed scientists to determine that these glass giants are both made of a crystal-like substance, and are nearly 3 times bigger than the pyramid of Cheops in Egypt.
According to the history, the pyramid was accidentally discovered during 1968 by a doctor of naturopathy, Ray Brown of Mesa, Arizona.

Brown was in the Caribbean on vacation and making dives with friends in a region off the Bahamas known as “the Tongue of the Ocean.” The area acquired that name because a tongue-shaped portion of the seabed extends out from the island before sharply dropping off into much greater depths.

When relating his discovery, the doctor explained he became separated from his diving friends underwater. While attempting to rejoin them he came upon a massive structure rising from the ocean floor: a black, hulking object silhouetted against the lighter sun-filtered water. The object was shaped like a pyramid.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

My people don't post crazy :(
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

El bullshit-o. Send him the link, see how the denial grows.

Edited By Malcolm on 1370442321
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Send him the link, see how the denial grows.

Responded with that link.

I usually don't do this anymore. People started sending me shit like this crystal story in PMs to have me verify them first. It got very annoying, very quickly.

My FB wall is FULL of crazy. A few people in my family (some uncles) are WAY right wing. So I see all sorts of propaganda all day long. Some are funny or on point, but most is insanity. There's a running bet among some of the family about which one will be taken in for questioning first.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:
Send him the link, see how the denial grows.
Responded with that link.

I usually don't do this anymore. People started sending me shit like this crystal story in PMs to have me verify them first. It got very annoying, very quickly.

My FB wall is FULL of crazy. A few people in my family (some uncles) are WAY right wing. So I see all sorts of propaganda all day long. Some are funny or on point, but most is insanity. There's a running bet among some of the family about which one will be taken in for questioning first.
They should be asking which will be audited by the IRS, first.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

This is a far more verifiable underwater thing. As in "it exists."

Edited By Malcolm on 1370444824
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

This is his response:
Yea i know, theres are always skeptics.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Leisher wrote:This is his response:
Yea i know, theres are always skeptics.
Start playing this shit up. Be like, "Hey, I found a website for a tourist submersible diving expedition to the glass pyramids. They only need a $1000 deposit to reserve a place on the sub for you. If you just give me your bank account info, I can fill out all the proper forms and register you."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Yeah, I'm not going to rip these folks.

I don't have anyone friended who isn't a legit good person in real life. Plus, their belief systems entertain me to no end. It'd be like throwing my TV out the window because I enjoyed something I watched on it.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

TVs come with a mute button.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Malcolm wrote:TVs come with a mute button.
He's not complaining.
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

Today a friend posted this link, along with the following screed:
And here we go again. I just made my first trek along the Neuse River greenway trail in Raleigh this week and thought to myself what a marvel it is and how fortunate we are to have support for such things in this state...My husband even made the comment about how it must have improved the property values of the homes along various stretches. One of the best things about it was the diversity of those enjoying it at the time...walkers, runners, bikers, picnickers...white, black, asian...etc...Way to go NC Senate...you're literally going to destroy every aspect of what makes NC great. Y'all suck.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Malcolm wrote:TVs come with a mute button.
I blocked yet another person just yesterday who couldn't stop making subtle UNIONS ARE AWESOME reposts.

My page is remarkably dull, though... any more I mostly just get updates about movies that are coming out, or video games, or TV shows.

Too bad so many people suck so much that I can't stand to be exposed to them.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

thibodeaux wrote:Today a friend posted this link, along with the following screed:
And here we go again. I just made my first trek along the Neuse River greenway trail in Raleigh this week and thought to myself what a marvel it is and how fortunate we are to have support for such things in this state...My husband even made the comment about how it must have improved the property values of the homes along various stretches. One of the best things about it was the diversity of those enjoying it at the time...walkers, runners, bikers, picnickers...white, black, asian...etc...Way to go NC Senate...you're literally going to destroy every aspect of what makes NC great. Y'all suck.
Did you suggest the obvious?
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

I wanted to say something like, "NC is great because poor people in Appalachia can buy greenways for rich people in North Raleigh?" but then I figured, why bother? People like this don't want a discussion; they want to bitch about how simply AWFUL those Republicans are. And how awesome themselves are because they love diversity. It's the best thing!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

People like this don't want a discussion; they want to bitch about how simply AWFUL those Republicans are. And how awesome themselves are because they love diversity. It's the best thing!

That's fantastic.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

So a friend-ish person posted the following:
This is why it's important to vote... because people like this vote, too... and they're not smart enough to understand the implications. Also, read Jesus Diaz's response (the first one).

In reference to this article about someone not caring about PRISM.

My response:
Yes, so you can vote for the candidate who supported PRISM, or the candidate who supports PRISM. It's all Kang and Kodos.

Seriously. Bush = Obama as far as this stuff is concerned.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Bush = Obama as far as this stuff is concerned.

On this topic generally speaking, yes.

However, Bush didn't promise no warrant-less wiretaps or the most transparent administration in history.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

However, Bush didn't promise no warrant-less wiretaps or the most transparent administration in history.

Department. Of. Homeland. Security. The nicest thing I can say about him is, "Well, he's better than the candidate from the other major party that he beat."