Things posted by people I know on FB

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Things posted by people I know on Facebook

Post by TheCatt »

"Governor of New York Andrew Cuomo confirmed a recent health study showing that 70% of new infections actually originate at home, thus making stay at home orders one of the most dangerous mandates currently in place"
From this, so I dont think it's satire.
CDC admitted they screwed up COVID19 infection counts and intentionally misled the public and have apologized, clarifying that the amount of people truly infected is much lower than what was originally reported
An error so egregious it made the director of the Harvard Global Health Institute say “how could the CDC make this mistake? This is a mess."
The American Coronavirus Task Force also admitted to fudging the National COVID19 death count when Dr. Birx said the deaths are people who died “with” COVID19 not “from” COVID19, thus making the real death count much lower than what is currently being reported
Dr. Anthony Fauci admitted masks won’t help against the virus and mask manufacturers are now including warnings that their products do not deter COVID19
He also said that continuing to close the country could cause irreparable damage
CDC backtracked their initial claim that led governors to shutdown their states & clarified that COVID19 does not spread easily on surfaces
Governor of New York Andrew Cuomo confirmed a recent health study showing that 70% of new infections actually originate at home, thus making stay at home orders one of the most dangerous mandates currently in place
Trump stopped funding the WHO and threatened to cut off money permanently until they can prove they are no longer corruptly influenced by communist China after they lied to our country about human to human transmission of COVID19 in January
The curve is flattened, the CDC, WHO, Dr. Fauci, our governors, and many more were completely wrong about the potential threat of this virus
Even California is opening up sooner than anyone expected because the evidence contradicts the long standing and inaccurate narrative still upheld by the extremely dishonest & corrupt media
If you are still living in fear. Don’t be. The media, global organizations, the government, and its agencies “mislead” the public
People called those of us who knew this all along conspiracy theorists, but it turns out we were just following the facts!
Open up your businesses, churches, and homes. Don’t fall for the lies any longer. If you fell for the lies this time, wake up and join the army of truth seekers fighting on the front lines
The #CDC just confirmed a .02% death-rate for #COVID19 ...
For that, we have:
* Added nearly 6 trillion to national debt
* Laid-off or furloughed 50 million workers
* Placed 60 million on food stamps
* Gone from 3.5%to 14.7% unemployment
* Crippled the petroleum industry
* Ruined the tourism industry
* Bankrupted the service industry
* Caused an impending meat and protein crisis
* Threatened, fined, and arrested church leaders
* Exacerbated mental health problems
* Shut down schools and colleges
* Given unbridled power to unelected officials
* Increased suicides higher than COVID deaths
* Delayed surgeries and treatments for profound illnesses
* Infringed upon countless important civil liberties
* Placed 300 million Americans on house arrest
These consequences are largely due to two things:
The first is our view of government as a god that can control Providence and plagues. In our hubris, we increasingly view the government as a deity who can stop acts of nature.
The second is our sniveling, 21st-century commitment to safety. Our desire to be “safe” ruined our fiscal, physical, medical, food, energy, and national security.
Unfortunately there is no vaccine for cultural fragility.
Written by JD Hall / Courtesy of Tara Thralls.
Which reminds of the joke "Why did the blonde move? She heard 85% of all traffic accidents happen within 5 miles of home"
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: The American Coronavirus Task Force also admitted to fudging the National COVID19 death count when Dr. Birx said the deaths are people who died “with” COVID19 not “from” COVID19, thus making the real death count much lower than what is currently being reported
That line alone is clearly bullshit. Why would anyone bother reading the rest?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

Not facebook and not anybody I know but might be fun for you to share (read whole thread):

https://www.twitter.com/RespectableLaw/ ... 8006624262
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

There's a subset of my family, an uncle's grandkids that have a high percentage of "non-standard". One is trans. One is...I forget the term, but attracted to all sexes or something. One is pretty Christian, which is interesting because nobody else in this family is religious.

I fully support their choices and have zero issue with them. However, I do disagree with them on how they go about "furthering their cause".

For example, my trans cousin posts this on her FB feed:

Meanwhile, the ambiguous sexual desire person posts this:

Anyone who even hints at anything not in complete agreement with them gets attacked, and as you can see, you're not allowed to ask questions or discuss it so you can learn more. This is willful ignorance. They wrap themselves so firmly in their beliefs that they won't even allow anyone to present a fact that might put a crack in them. They are also far, far left, but I'm sure you assumed that.

The trans cousin's dad actually had to publicly chastise her recently explaining that "if you demean people and talk down to them while they are politely asking questions about your beliefs or lifestyle YOU'RE the one causing them to not accept you. They're trying to learn, shutting them down is contrary to your desire of acceptance."

I genuinely don't understand being so smug in your beliefs that you refuse to even hear something that might cast doubt upon them, and then publicly proclaim yourself to be the superior intellect, moral authority, and tolerant person. Yet that's what they do.

I love 'em, but I wish they'd be more open to discussion.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: but attracted to all sexes or something
pansexual?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Isn't that someone who has sex with a pan flute?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

For once, this one I liked:
I think we can conclude that the “time out” generation didn’t produce as good of citizens as “ass beating” generation.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

This is a post on the local community's page. A school board member, who happens to be a huge Trump supporter, has already responded and contacted the head of the board and they are all looking into it. I'll keep you posted on where this leads.
UPDATE: After having my daughter retake the quiz so that she could screenshot it, the question is:
"This is the perception of what Trump hates".
Either way, it is meant to lead students to believe that Trump hates all of the above and that is exactly what her perception was.

The original post:
So my sophomore at BHS just had a quizlet and she told me the question was:
Who does Trump hate?
Black people
Mexicans
Women
All of the above
All of the above was the answer.
I am thoroughly disgusted that this is being pushed on my children!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I am thoroughly disgusted that this is being pushed on my children!
More disgusting that the president feels this way :P

Someone's getting fired. But will hide behind "the perception"
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Shultz said the district had investigated the situation and found that the teacher had taken the pre-created quiz from an unspecified “popular educational tool” and given it to students without properly vetting the questions.
America's educational system. So terrible we take random quizzes from the internet.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

The story was that she needed something for students to do when they were done with another assignment and waiting for the rest of the class. Who knows if that's true?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

To be honest, that is the perception of half the country.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: To be honest, that is the perception of half the country.
That half isn't wrong :)
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I am not a person who equates "securing the borders" to "hates mexicans." Put me in the "wrong" column, I guess.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: I am not a person who equates "securing the borders" to "hates mexicans." Put me in the "wrong" column, I guess.
Sure. It's probably the calling them all rapists and stuff.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Well that isn't entirely accurate.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

And another one today from someone else:
FB ask me if there was anything I would like to share. Sure there is, there always is.
I sure can tell the people who know nothing about current politics. The give away is the "we need to work across the aisle". Who in the fuck are you going to work with across the aisle. Would that be old foreskin neck Mitch or Eddie Munster Cruz? The Republicans have stood by this orange POS 99% of the time. They have made this country one ugly fucking place to live and there are people on the left who want to work with them to let them have a say in how it gets fixed. Why? I do not seem to recall them asking for input from the left on ANYTHING, EVER! These are not Eisenhower conservatives these are far right evangelical conservatives. They do not negotiate with logic or reason. Their ideologies deserve nothing less than to be burned at the stake.
This is from someone who truly thinks they are an intellectual.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Image
I'm sorry, but this is just funny.