Things posted by people I know on FB

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

It's funnier if you know Alexa is trans.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Men do everything better... including being women (as evidenced by Bruce Jenner ((I forget her female name)) winning woman of the year that one time).
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

A family member posted this joke meme. Within a few hours, FB had posted its "false information" warning over the top of it. :D

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Is it false?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Cocaine is still not legal, it's decriminalized for small amounts.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

A priest, a rabbi, and a cleric all walk into a bar...

FB: False information. FB cannot confirm such an event ever occurred.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

She's not wrong.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Women are not objects. We are people.

I am tired of seeing, here, on fatfire, on fijerk (I know it’s satire), on Reddit at large, causal suggestions that people should “just hire a prostitute, it’s cheaper” for sex. It comes up in every big thread on dating. As does women (not people) are materialistic.

Consensual sex, between people that want to have it, is not the same thing as paying someone to have sex with you and put their wants and needs subservient to yours.

Whether you think all prostitution is rape or not, sex work inherently means pressure to have sex you are not okay with because declining has a negative impact on future earnings. Prostitution is not consensual in a meaningful way.

Yes, I understand that both women and men do sex work. However, almost always the talk is about men paying women for sex.

Yes, all work done for money lacks consent. But being paid for sex you don’t want to have is a lot worse than being paid to sell clothes to people when you don’t want to.
This was on reddit, FIRE forum, of all places.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

There's a lot of logic problems there.

However, what is "FIRE forum"? Why is this being there worse than anywhere else?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: However, what is "FIRE forum"? Why is this being there worse than anywhere else?
Cuz this wasn't 2X Chromosomes or some other femme forum. It was Financial Independence and Retire Early.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Maybe it's possible that some people hate selling shitty clothes to people more than having sex with them. How many prostitutes, if given the choice, would take a job at Kohl's so they could stop hooking?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: However, what is "FIRE forum"? Why is this being there worse than anywhere else?
Cuz this wasn't 2X Chromosomes or some other femme forum. It was Financial Independence and Retire Early.
Didn't know what FIRE was.

I dare you to respond with this 100% true story:
One of my dad's former co-workers was a pretty attractive blonde. Her daughter was crazy hot and started stripping at a club near the airport in Detroit. She eventually met a NASCAR driver, started having an affair with him, and is now his wife. However, that was after already buying a home and two cars with cash earned as a stripper.

When women want to start acknowledging their advantages in life, perhaps people will take their claims of disadvantage more seriously. :D
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Our oldest climbs competitively, and they have a NC-SC comp this weekend. This was one of the questions. I couldn't make it as the regional rep (the 2nd person in the post), I would just lose it.
Troy

Post by Troy »

That sucks, sometimes reading comprehension is hard, especially when it goes against something your brain has already set in stone for some reason.

We got people over here in suburban East Bay social media dealing with an aggressive coyote jumping into yards and eating cats. It's hilarious how these crunchy granola feel good are suddenly wildlife hunting experts. There is apparently a razor thin line between 'an outdoor cat being eaten" and "a bloodbath of small children."

I can't tell which one would actually make them shit themselves more, coming across a real coyote at night, or holding a gun in their hands.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I dont know this person, and it's reddit... but read this person's bottom 2 posts, bottom (oldest) first

https://www.reddit.com/user/islandstate ... submitted/
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

My current community has a "Unleashed" page on FB where citizens go to, well, complain mostly.

This was posted today by someone I don't know, and I'm pretty happy about that:
I went to the Lambertville McDonald's the other day and got a McChicken combo and a Bacon Burger. I was eating it in my vehicle in the parking lot and listening to an audio book when I glanced up and saw the McDonald's worker I ordered from was outside having a cigarette.
She waved at me and I nodded and had to wait 7 minutes before she went back inside and I could eat in comfort again. I don't think that employees should be bothering or even trying to socialize with customers outside of the McDonald's restaurant or drive through, but that is another story.
I went to McDonald's for dinner last night and got a McChicken combo and a 10 piece Chicken McNuggets with barbecue dipping sauce. As I was driving to the second window the same girl was still working. She was acting somewhat obsequious and attempting small talk when she asked, 'why don't you come eat inside instead of in the parking lot'.
That really bothered me for many reasons. First of all, I don't want my routine or actions to be tracked by a fast food employee. Secondly, she should not try to tell me how I should live my life. I do not want to eat inside because I find it less comfortable and would much rather be inside my vehicle listening to an audiobook and enjoying myself and my privacy.
Overall, I think it was very unprofessional to bring this up. I should have a clean slate with each drive through visit, not have to get the third degree because I committed some sort of faux pas. Which I don't think I did, because I often see people eating in fast food parking lots. How does she know I am not busy going to work or somewhere in a rush?
How do you feel about eating in your vehicle in the parking lot of a fast food restaurant versus eating inside the restaurant?
He was, rightfully, shredded by every one of the 200+ comments. I fully expect that he's going to shoot up McDonald's soon.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Everyone's going crazy. Maybe it's not just social media. Maybe it's all those devices that let people live in their cocoons.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Cousin who has gone off the deep end, has Trump as his profile picture, and still believes all the QAnon stuff just posted this:
"Here.....we.....go!!!"
DM Switch Activated
CONTINGENCY PLAN ACTIVATED
Something big is coming...
24 Days 10 Hours 21 Minutes 03 Seconds and counting down....
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:25 pm Cousin who has gone off the deep end, has Trump as his profile picture, and still believes all the QAnon stuff just posted this:
"Here.....we.....go!!!"
DM Switch Activated
CONTINGENCY PLAN ACTIVATED
Something big is coming...
24 Days 10 Hours 21 Minutes 03 Seconds and counting down....
!RmindMe 7/24/2021