those wacky N. Koreans

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Caught shipping weapons through Panama Canal. The defense?
"This cargo is nothing but ageing weapons which are to be sent back to Cuba after overhauling them according to a legitimate contract," the North's foreign ministry was quoted as saying by the state-run Central News Agency.

Cuba had earlier admitted being behind the stash of weapons found on board the ship. It said they were Soviet-era arms from Cuba headed for repair in North Korea.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Again, we'll straight up embargo the fuck out of Cuba, but North Korea gets a free pass because ... ?
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

Nukes.

Also giant army, ready to fight part of our army.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

We have a lot of North Korea threads...

Today they have threatened to launch preemptive nukes against the US and South Korea because they're doing joint war games.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Re: those wacky N. Koreans

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Re: those wacky N. Koreans

Post by GORDON »

Do they not know we've already been at war for over 50 years?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Malcolm

those wacky N. Koreans

Post by Malcolm »

Some vaguely funny things going on.
Kim Jong Nam died after being attacked at Kuala Lumpur International Airport on Monday. South Korean officials claim he was poisoned.
That'd be the elder son of deceased asshole hopefully rotting in hell Kim Jong Il. He got skipped over for whatever the fuck Kim Jong Un's position is called -- Grand High Poobah or something.
But in 2001 he reportedly lost the elder Kim's favor when he tried to use forged documents to visit Tokyo Disneyland.
Hope the rides were worth it. Anyhow, he's dead.
The exact details of Kim's murder are sketchy but Selangor State Criminal Investigations Department Chief Fadzil Ahmat told Reuters Kim "felt like someone grabbed or held his face from behind."

Kim felt dizzy and immediately went to an airport customer assistance counter, seeking medical help. They were concerned enough to take him to the on-premises clinic.

An ambulance was called to take Kim to the hospital, but he died on the way.
Ok, kind of weird.
Selangor Police Chief Abdul Samah Mat said without DNA from a next of kin, they won't hand over Kim Jong Nam's body or release the autopsy report, which could reveal the cause of death.
Leisher
Site Admin

those wacky N. Koreans

Post by Leisher »

Vince

those wacky N. Koreans

Post by Vince »

This was one of the weirdest ass stories I've ever heard if what she's saying is true.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Malcolm

those wacky N. Koreans

Post by Malcolm »

Wonder what it was.
The chilling security camera footage shows Kim Jong Nam navigating Kuala Lumpur’s busy airport last Monday, just moments before he’s attacked

As he stands at a check-in kiosk, his alleged assassins strike. A woman in a white shirt appears to wipe a cloth across his face with an accomplice, before both slip back into the crowd.
Malcolm

those wacky N. Koreans

Post by Malcolm »

This story just keeps going.
North Korean leader Kim Jong Un's half-brother was asked to serve as the leader of a North Korean government-in-exile before he was killed last week during a daring airport assassination, The Korean Times reported.
Malcolm

those wacky N. Koreans

Post by Malcolm »

Dr. Stanley Goodspeed is being called in.
The poison used to kill Kim Jong-nam, the half brother of the North Korean leader Kim Jong-un, was VX nerve agent, which is listed as a chemical weapon, the Malaysian police announced Friday.

In a brief statement, Khalid Abu Bakar, the national police chief, said the substance was listed as a chemical weapon under the Chemical Weapons Conventions of 1997 and 2005, to which North Korea is not a party.
VX nerve agent can be delivered in two compounds that are mixed at the last moment to create a lethal dose. The police say that two women approached Mr. Kim at the airport with the poison on their hands and rubbed it on his face one after the other.
Leisher
Site Admin

those wacky N. Koreans

Post by Leisher »

That's crazy. I hope nobody tried to give him CPR.

I wonder what the women are saying about being on the reality show versus their actions. What explanation could they use? "They said, put on these gloves and hold this wet rag, then smother this specific man's face..."
Vince

those wacky N. Koreans

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: That's crazy. I hope nobody tried to give him CPR.

I wonder what the women are saying about being on the reality show versus their actions. What explanation could they use? "They said, put on these gloves and hold this wet rag, then smother this specific man's face..."
I think that story fell apart when the security video came out.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Malcolm

those wacky N. Koreans

Post by Malcolm »

Goddamn.
All suspicions for the attack rest with the regime in Pyongyang. Malaysia has implicated eight North Koreans — including one diplomat said to be hiding in the North Korean Embassy in Kuala Lumpur, and a scientist whom it now has in custody.
The dose that the 45-year-old victim received was “so high” that his heart and lungs would have been affected quickly, he said.
Siti Aishah, who is Indonesian and was reportedly the first to apply the oil-like substance to Kim Jong Nam, told police she vomited in a taxi after leaving the airport and continued to feel unwell. She is being tested.

Aishah has repeatedly told police that she was tricked into carrying out the attack, was told that it was a prank and was paid about $100 for taking part. However, the security footage shows the women acting with determination and immediately rushing off after the attack.
Meanwhile, the Malaysian authorities say that no one from Kim Jong Nam’s family has come forward to claim his body. They have been asking for a DNA match to release the body, and there were reports last week that his 22-year-old son had arrived from Macau, but these turned out to be false.
Leisher
Site Admin

those wacky N. Koreans

Post by Leisher »

Malcolm

those wacky N. Koreans

Post by Malcolm »

Wtf is up with this thing?
One of the women suspected of murdering Kim Jong Nam, the estranged half-brother of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, celebrated her 25th birthday at a Kuala Lumpur restaurant the night before the killing, footage obtained by CNN shows.
Troy

those wacky N. Koreans

Post by Troy »

Haha is Malcom the only one who didn't get a blue name?

Please make his hot pink, tia.
Malcolm

those wacky N. Koreans

Post by Malcolm »

Troy wrote: Haha is Malcom the only one who didn't get a blue name?

Please make his hot pink, tia.
Blue name = someone's put out a contract on you, probably to be fulfilled the next time you go spear-fishing.
GORDON
Site Admin

those wacky N. Koreans

Post by GORDON »

I thought he already had a blue name. I probably screwed something up.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."