Jeopardy!

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Jeopardy!

Post by Leisher »

I get that.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Jeopardy!

Post by TheCatt »

Today I guessed an answer, and my wife said ‘nah, -probably not that”... and it was. 1/3 contestants got it
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Jeopardy!

Post by GORDON »

what was the answer
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Jeopardy!

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: what was the answer
The Answer:
From a Sanskrit word for “descent”, it’s the form a god takes on descending to Earth
Recap here for the question
Leisher
Site Admin

Jeopardy!

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: From a Sanskrit word for “descent”, it’s the form a god takes on descending to Earth
This is why I could never be on a game show. The smart ass in me would demand I simply write "Me".

Yeah, I lose, but I'm now a game show legend and in every montage forever.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Jeopardy!

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: he smart ass in me would demand I simply write "Me".
Be cooler if you used the sanskrit word for me.
GORDON
Site Admin

Jeopardy!

Post by GORDON »

Hmmm. I feel like I know this. Going to ponder.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Jeopardy!

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Hmmm. I feel like I know this. Going to ponder.
I wasn't sure at all, but came up with it rummaging through possibilities.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Jeopardy!

Post by TheCatt »

This was the one I got that no one on the show got: https://thejeopardyfan.com/2019/11/fina ... -2019.html
The 2 single-word quotes on AFI’s list of the top 100 movie quotes; 1 is from 1941, the other from 1967
Leisher
Site Admin

Jeopardy!

Post by Leisher »

I'm the movie buff around here and I never would have gotten the second quote. The first one was obvious.

I'm not even sure I've seen The Graduate or how meaningful that line is to the plot.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Jeopardy!

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I'm the movie buff around here and I never would have gotten the second quote. The first one was obvious.

I'm not even sure I've seen The Graduate or how meaningful that line is to the plot.
I saw it once. The quote was a thing people said before memes, back in the day. Like, how everyone's heard "STELLA" but probably haven't seen Streetcar Named Desire.

The line itself was not terribly meaningful, plotwise. It was symbolic of Dustin's lack of desire to be an adult, but it was the most memorable line of the movie. Basically, he's graduated college, and his parents throw a party with all their friends, and Dustin doesn't have a job lined up. So one of the adults says "I've got one word for you: ***********"
Leisher
Site Admin

Jeopardy!

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Like, how everyone's heard "STELLA" but probably haven't seen Streetcar Named Desire.
How the fuck was that not on the AFI quote list?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Jeopardy!

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote: Like, how everyone's heard "STELLA" but probably haven't seen Streetcar Named Desire.
How the fuck was that not on the AFI quote list?
Because they used a 3 word version of it (#45)
"Stella! Hey, Stella!"
One of the contestants guessed it, but I knew that movie was from the 50s.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Jeopardy!

Post by TheCatt »

They're taking the 3 best contestants ever for a challenge this week, to win $1M. I haven't been spoiled yet, but this might be a spoiler.
Leisher
Site Admin

Jeopardy!

Post by Leisher »

Jennings seems to have a great sense of humor. I was following his Twitter for a bit.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Jeopardy!

Post by TheCatt »

Tonight (2nd night of the GOAT tourney) there were 2 clue I got that the contestants did not (BAM!).

One of them, though, I hope everyone would have gotten: Double Jeopardy - Movie Quotes - $2,000 answer

I also got the Newspapers + Magazines $1,600, which they did not get.
Leisher
Site Admin

Jeopardy!

Post by Leisher »

Got it.

Wilder was so damn good in that role.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Jeopardy!

Post by TheCatt »

Got two more that they didn't get on day 3, they were both cybersecurity related.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Jeopardy!

Post by TheCatt »

Ratings of GOAT better than World Series or NBA Finals: https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yah ... 52249.html
Leisher
Site Admin

Jeopardy!

Post by Leisher »