California - Because it needs its own thread

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

CA panel believes black people are owed $235K/each as reparations.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:50 pm CA panel believes black people are owed $235K/each as reparations.
I should move to CA.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Next logical step is reparations for indentured servants brought to the USA in the early 1700s. That's where I cash in. We have the genealogy records to prove it.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Cynical answer: if this happens we need to rush out there and open a joint liquor/shoe/gun store, for a month, then close and run.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

6.4 hits.

Hope Troy and his property are ok.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Troy, (I see you popping in and out here all the time still) is this legit? Have you seen this or is this specific to certain areas?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

If that happens at my local Walmart, I'm mentally prepared to leave the cart there and go to Kroger or Meijer, down the road.

Hiring more cashiers would be cheaper than all the security.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I work in Cambridge(Boston) once a month. I have a toiletry bag that I just leave up there, rather than deal with it flying. The other day I ran out of deodorant. Went to the drugstore, and it was completely locked up. Like wtf? I have to get a person just to get fucking deodorant? I think I ordered it from Amazon.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

It's absolute insanity that this is happening, and more importantly, why it's happening.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Remember how theft is legal in San Francisco?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

It costs a lot to build a toilet in SF apparently
Troy

Post by Troy »

It's honestly worse than whatever you are imagining, and it happens at grocery stores too. Basically everywhere within the Bay Area.

Here's where the stuff gets sold: https://missionlocal.org/2022/07/illega ... art-plaza/

This was my old hood, it's gotten insane.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

SanFran was the first place I ever heard of where laundry detergent was a high-theft item.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Powerball's largest jackpot winner to be exposed today.

I get why there is a law that the winner has to be disclosed, but I hate it for the person. Every state should allow the winner to collect anonymously through a lawyer. Posting the person's name like this puts a target on their back and their loved ones.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:16 am Powerball's largest jackpot winner to be exposed today.

I get why there is a law that the winner has to be disclosed, but I hate it for the person. Every state should allow the winner to collect anonymously through a lawyer. Posting the person's name like this puts a target on their back and their loved ones.
Yeah.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Personally, as soon as I won $50M+ I'd be nowhere without my security detail, as of the official announcement.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:04 am Troy, (I see you popping in and out here all the time still) is this legit? Have you seen this or is this specific to certain areas?