California - Because it needs its own thread

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Troy, you marked safe from the blizzards and flooding?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I wonder what that # is per state. In NC it appears to be 10.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Ohio seems to be 3 or 30 days based on other crimes that might be occurring.

Michigan is 24 hours for residential (holy shit that's great!) and indefinite for commercial properties as long as no other crimes are happening. Wut?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:21 pm and indefinite for commercial properties as long as no other crimes are happening. Wut?
I should become a business.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

A person I follow lived in NYC for 10 years, then in SF for about 2 months and said it'd just a complete hellhole of crime and shit.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I just saw a "San Fran isn't bad what like Elon sed" with the argument that other cities have higher per Capita crime rates.

Fucking idiot journalists.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

A bystander ignored his pleas for help and watched him die.

We've really got a kick ass civilization going here. Yay humanity!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Don't lump cities, especially San Fran, in with "humanity." Sane people don't live in them.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Whole Foods closing location in SF after 1 year due to theft.

Also in SF, a massive budget deficit, which makes their reparations plans all the more interesting.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Oh damn. Does not appear to have been a random mugging after all
Mission Local is informed that the San Francisco Police Department early this morning made an arrest in the April 4 killing of tech executive Bob Lee, following an operation undertaken outside the city’s borders. The alleged killer also works in tech and is a man Lee purportedly knew.

We are told that police today were dispatched to Emeryville with a warrant to arrest a man named Nima Momeni. The name and Emeryville address SFPD officers traveled to correspond with this man, the owner of a company called Expand IT.

Multiple police sources have described the predawn knifing last week, which left the 43-year-old Lee dead in a deserted section of downtown San Francisco, as neither a robbery attempt nor a random attack.

Rather, Lee and Momeni were portrayed by police as being familiar with one another. In the wee hours of April 4, they were purportedly driving together through downtown San Francisco in a car registered to the suspect.

Some manner of confrontation allegedly commenced while both men were in the vehicle, and potentially continued after Lee exited the car. Police allege that Momeni stabbed Lee multiple times with a knife that was recovered not far from the spot on the 300 block of Main Street to which officers initially responded.
That was not the popular narrative I saw.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:23 pm That was not the popular narrative I saw.
Nor I, but it does not negate the things said about SF's out of control crime problem...unless you're a state senator in rural MO...
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Dude still lay there dying for a long time before anyone helped, right?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:07 pm Dude still lay there dying for a long time before anyone helped, right?
It was 2:30am, yo.
This scenario would explain, in part, why Lee was walking through a portion of Main Street in which there is little to no foot traffic at 2:30 a.m.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:07 pm Dude still lay there dying for a long time before anyone helped, right?
I had seen it reported that at least one person walked by him as he laid dying.

Also, have you seen the stabbing in...Seattle? Actually, now I'm thinking Canada maybe?...at the Starbucks? Guy stabbed in broad daylight and in front of his wife and kid. Laying on the ground bleeding out and people are walking by and one dude is 10 feet away looking at him while drinking coffee.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:10 pm

Also, have you seen the stabbing in...Seattle? Actually, now I'm thinking Canada maybe?...at the Starbucks? Guy stabbed in broad daylight and in front of his wife and kid. Laying on the ground bleeding out and people are walking by and one dude is 10 feet away looking at him while drinking coffee.
Around 5:40 p.m. on March 26, two men were involved in an altercation outside the Starbucks at West Pender and Granville streets when one of the men was stabbed, according to the Vancouver Police Department (VPD).

A bystander immediately flagged a police officer who was able to arrest a suspect at the scene.

More officers soon arrived and provided first aid to the victim, but he later died in hospital.
This one?
https://vancouversun.com/news/local-new ... -great-guy (same story)

I dont think most people know how to render first aid.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:13 pm This one?
Yeah, fucking disgusting.
TheCatt wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:13 pm I dont think most people know how to render first aid.
True. Seems like something that should be taught in schools.

One wonders if in either case had someone stopped to apply pressure to the wound and call 911 if either man would have survived.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:13 pm
Leisher wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:10 pm

Around 5:40 p.m. on March 26, two men were involved in an altercation outside the Starbucks at West Pender and Granville streets when one of the men was stabbed, according to the Vancouver Police Department (VPD).

A bystander immediately flagged a police officer who was able to arrest a suspect at the scene.

More officers soon arrived and provided first aid to the victim, but he later died in hospital.
This one?

I dont think most people know how to render first aid.
A lot of people are decent enough to call 911.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:55 pm A lot of people are decent enough to call 911.
According to the article, someone got a police officer immediately, or nearly immediately