California - Because it needs its own thread

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:11 pm Who knew that not enforcing laws against crime would lead to an upturn in crime?
Actually, the problem is that they changed the laws.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Decides to catch up on it's draught in one week.
After nearly a year without rain, a series of potent Pacific storms are directed at Northern California this week, potentially bringing as much as a foot of rainfall and up to three feet of snow in the Sierra Nevada.

Supercharged by a classic atmospheric river pattern, the storms could lead to flash floods and dangerous debris flows in a wide swath of the region already devastated by recent wildfires.
With each successive storm, the moisture potential increases, peaking with possibly a rare category 5 atmospheric river event on Sunday.
Troy

Post by Troy »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:28 am Decides to catch up on it's draught in one week.
After nearly a year without rain, a series of potent Pacific storms are directed at Northern California this week, potentially bringing as much as a foot of rainfall and up to three feet of snow in the Sierra Nevada.

Supercharged by a classic atmospheric river pattern, the storms could lead to flash floods and dangerous debris flows in a wide swath of the region already devastated by recent wildfires.
With each successive storm, the moisture potential increases, peaking with possibly a rare category 5 atmospheric river event on Sunday.
I'm back in Ohio, going to miss it. Glad I massively upgraded our house drainage system. Multiple yard drains, a garage channel drain, concrete patio drains, french drains dug in below the foundation lines, and two curb cuts on either side of the house for output. Come get some, rain.
Troy

Post by Troy »

"An atmospheric river marked as a category 4 or a 5 is capable of producing remarkable rainfall totals over three or more days, likely to exceed 10-15% of a typical year's precipitation in some locations," said Marty Ralph, director of the Center for Western Weather and Water Extremes at UC San Diego.
Shiiiiiit..... that will happen if it just rains a few more hours. If a 12+ inches falls we could get get our entire rain total last year in a week.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Troy wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:30 am
TheCatt wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:28 am Decides to catch up on it's draught in one week.

I'm back in Ohio, going to miss it. Glad I massively upgraded our house drainage system. Multiple yard drains, a garage channel drain, concrete patio drains, french drains dug in below the foundation lines, and two curb cuts on either side of the house for output. Come get some, rain.
Good job, but won't help if the entire hillside above you comes to visit. :-D
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Troy

Post by Troy »

GORDON wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:07 am
Troy wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:30 am
Good job, but won't help if the entire hillside above you comes to visit. :-D
That's flatland people problems. We are hill people. I guess if we come crashing down on the unfortunate flatlands folk I'd feel bad.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:59 pm CA removes a middle school teacher who told her students Trump was still the president.

Maybe she just came out of a coma? :D
Or brain damaged.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Is this true? Does this seem elitist?

The rich can afford the types of generators this wouldn't apply to, but the poors can fuck off.

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Union Pacific is thinking of leaving CA because of their new "commit all the crime you want" policies.

Why be a porch thief when you can steal them all off trains at once and face no consequences?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:32 pm Union Pacific is thinking of leaving CA because of their new "commit all the crime you want" policies.

Why be a porch thief when you can steal them all off trains at once and face no consequences?
Shoot them all.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I'm telling you, we have enough people now. We can start culling these types of people, and literally the entire world will start getting better.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:15 pm Follow and rob crimes skyrocketing in LA.
Going there next month, good thing I always dress like I'm homeless.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I don't know where this happened, but it feels right to post it here considering what's been going on in Cali.
BB is leaning into it too:
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Going to LA for a music fest today on Sunday. Troy we have an extra ticket if you want to go? :)

4 of us planned to go, 2 dropped out with covid this week. We picked up another, but still 1 short
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

We are in LA and there's a skywriter writing "Alex Jones was right" repeatedly :idea:
Troy

Post by Troy »

TheCatt wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 2:39 pm We are in LA and there's a skywriter writing "Alex Jones was right" repeatedly :idea:
Lmao, I have a co-worker that likely took his kid to see this very same music festival - is it Morrissey and a bunch of similar rockers?

I can't go, am running Bay 2 Breakers on Sunday morning. And still working all weekend.
https://www.sfchronicle.com/sf/article/ ... 171021.php

Map of the road closures, but you can see the route is across the city from Bay to Beach.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Troy wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 3:10 pm Lmao, I have a co-worker that likely took his kid to see this very same music festival - is it Morrissey and a bunch of similar rocke
that's the one. They are doing today and tomorrow, same show different days. We're tomorrow

Good luck in your race
Troy

Post by Troy »

Hell yeah, was feeling it today, Plenty of room to improve.