California - Because it needs its own thread

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Troy

Post by Troy »

GORDON wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:44 pm
Troy wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:40 pm Eh. I love the East Bay. I love that I'm 30m away from wine country and we can take brunch trips up there.
If you go to the CVS in Sonoma, I wired the network there.
Very cool. Pretty sure I have been there, even.

Sonoma is some of the best of wine country. Not too touristy like Napa but plenty of good wines and outdoor spots.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Post by Troy »

Fuck Chesa, and fuck Prop 47.

This is the biggest deal "ha ha let them steal" blue check mark fuckwads don't get:
"This has been out of control," Safai said at the hearing. "People are scared to go into these stores: seniors, people with disabilities, children. And it's just happening brazenly. We can't just as a city throw up our hands and say this is OK."
The Elderly, particularly Asians, have been getting attacked. This is just one more place they can't feel safe. The same type of person that attacks them are the ones doing these type of thefts.

On the upside, I got to go maskless in a CA store for the first time in 2021!

In Chipotle I was the only 1 out of 10 people doing that, and in the supermarket I was like 1 out of 100. But nobody got mad at me or gave me dirty looks so fuck it. Being on the east coast gave me a head start.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Newsome prevents the posting of mugshots for non-violent offenders.

I'm torn. I agree with him about stopping "unconscious bias", or let's be honest, conscious bias... However, mugshots of "johns" and whatnot were always viewed as a deterrent to such crimes. So is this going to actually assist sex traffickers?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Post by Troy »

First day of Office re-opening was last week. I made it into the office twice before SF re-mandated masks indoors and screwed that all up.

Was really loving the new commute ferry ride :(

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Troy wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:41 pm First day of Office re-opening was last week. I made it into the office twice before SF re-mandated masks indoors and screwed that all up.
Our office was supposed to re-open after Labor Day. Now it may not. MA has so few cases compared to NC, but they tend to be stricter.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

96 active fires out west.

Hopefully Troy is not threatened by any of them.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

We've seen the videos of theft being legal, so people fill garbage bags with product and walk calmly out the front door.

How is anyone hungry in that city if you can go into a 7-11, load up on $20 of food, and eat it while walking out?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Troy

Post by Troy »

GORDON wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:49 pm We've seen the videos of theft being legal, so people fill garbage bags with product and walk calmly out the front door.

How is anyone hungry in that city if you can go into a 7-11, load up on $20 of food, and eat it while walking out?
They are hungry for drugs, tho.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Oh.

Because I was thinking that a vacation there would be cheap when food and stuff is all free.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:28 am Oh.

Because I was thinking that a vacation there would be cheap when food and stuff is all free.
Plz do this.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:10 pm
GORDON wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:28 am Oh.

Plz do this.
Seconded.

In fact, if you're smart about it, you could film everything and make money, get notoriety from it. Keep it low level and it's just misdemeanors so once you're out of the state nobody will care.

Here's us grabbing a snack at Walgreens. Here's us walking out on the tab at Chilis. And so on.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Got one not behind a paywall? Pretend we're in California and steal it without consequence.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:52 am Got one not behind a paywall? Pretend we're in California and steal it without consequence.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/cvs-home-d ... _permalink

try that one
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Bans gas mowers + blowers

Which, every time I hear one outside my house, I understand.
California will become the first state to ban the sale of gas-powered leaf blowers and lawn mowers under legislation signed by Gov. Gavin Newsom.

The Democrat also on Saturday signed a bill mandating that stores have gender-neutral toy and child-care aisles and another that requires students to take an ethnic-studies class before graduating high school, ahead of a Sunday deadline to approve or veto bills passed in the legislative session that ended in September.

None of the new laws are effective immediately.

The ban on sales of gas-powered lawn mowers, leaf blowers and other small off-road equipment engines could start as early as 2024, as part of the state’s effort to reduce carbon emissions that contribute to climate change. Opponents said having to rely solely on electric equipment that needs to be recharged would be burdensome for professional landscapers and gardeners.
That bolded part is retarded, though.

And I am a little surprised there's not a professional exemption for the mowers + Blowers.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

They're going to make things more difficult on the middle class, and not fix the problem of the large corporations that are doing the lion's share of the polluting.

Plus all those riders.

Brilliant.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:40 pm They're going to make things more difficult on the middle class, and not fix the problem of the large corporations that are doing the lion's share of the polluting.
Yup.
TheCatt wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:40 pm Walgreens closing more SF stores
Who knew that not enforcing laws against crime would lead to an upturn in crime?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

No one could have foreseen this, except for racists and fascists.