Tesla Motors

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 11:01 am The more I think about it, the more I think that until we have HAL 9000 level AI, these "self driving" cars are going to need their own lanes and infrastructure, in order to not crash into anything it wasn't specifically programmed to recognize.

I bet a Tesla would drive autonomously just fine on a 50 mile stretch of road between concrete barriers and no non-Teslas allowed.
Mercedes first to Level 3 self-driving cars
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:34 pm
GORDON wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 11:01 am The more I think about it, the more I think that until we have HAL 9000 level AI, these "self driving" cars are going to need their own lanes and infrastructure, in order to not crash into anything it wasn't specifically programmed to recognize.

I bet a Tesla would drive autonomously just fine on a 50 mile stretch of road between concrete barriers and no non-Teslas allowed.
Mercedes first to Level 3 self-driving cars
That's impossible. Their CEO hasn't talked about it daily on Twitter.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by GORDON »

..... and their relatively low stock price reflects the lack of hype?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:50 pm That's impossible. Their CEO hasn't talked about it daily on Twitter.
Fair, maybe it's fake news.
Leisher
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by TheCatt »

FSD not ready for Boston
Leisher
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by Leisher »

And yet there are a bunch of morons out West sitting in the backseat as it drives itself.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:48 pm And yet there are a bunch of morons out West sitting in the backseat as it drives itself.
Admittedly, roads out west are 100x better than Boston roads.
Leisher
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:32 am
Leisher wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:48 pm And yet there are a bunch of morons out West sitting in the backseat as it drives itself.
Admittedly, roads out west are 100x better than Boston roads.
And yet, people are still being killed. :D

I will say that Massholes have a reputation for really aggressive driving, so I'm sure that plays into it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:13 am I will say that Massholes have a reputation for really aggressive driving, so I'm sure that plays into it.
Our office is in Cambridge, MA. Sometimes I'll stay at a hotel 2 miles from the office, and walking is still faster than driving, the roads are such a mess.
Leisher
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:21 am I'll stay at a hotel 2 miles from the office, and walking is still faster than driving, the roads are such a mess.
That is truly saying something.

I hate the traffic in this small city. I would murder people if I lived in a metropolis. I think NYC is the only major city I'd be happy to live in because I wouldn't need a car.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by TheCatt »

When I lived in Chicago, I didn't have a car. Between cabs + the subways, it worked out alright. Was nice to not worry about driving after a night out.
GORDON
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:03 am
TheCatt wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:21 am I'll stay at a hotel 2 miles from the office, and walking is still faster than driving, the roads are such a mess.

I hate the traffic in this small city. I would murder people if I lived in a metropolis. I think NYC is the only major city I'd be happy to live in because I wouldn't need a car.
STay away from San Francisco.
Leisher
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:10 am
Leisher wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:03 am

STay away from San Francisco.
I've always wondering about the traffic there. Everything you see on TV and in movies show very vacant streets. However, I've heard the commute into the city is a nightmare. Troy?
GORDON
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by GORDON »

I lived there 3 months. Yes.

We were working a different location each week. We would change hotels each week to ensure we weren't travelling with morning and afternoon traffic, because that would add an hour to a ten mile drive, each way.
Leisher
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by Leisher »

Fuck that. Why do people do that shit?

I wonder how remote working, once it's totally accepted, is going to change how the country looks? I'll bet those pesky "fly over" states get a population bump as people ditch crowds.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:53 pm Fuck that. Why do people do that shit?

I wonder how remote working, once it's totally accepted, is going to change how the country looks? I'll bet those pesky "fly over" states get a population bump as people ditch crowds.
They have to some extent. Those houses are cheap.
Leisher
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:45 pm Those houses are cheap.
The guy OSU just took from UCLA commented on that in his first press conference. He talked about how much larger his house would be here for less or the same money.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:52 pm
TheCatt wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:45 pm Those houses are cheap.
The guy OSU just took from UCLA commented on that in his first press conference. He talked about how much larger his house would be here for less or the same money.
Athletes having houses? wtf?