Tesla Motors

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I thought he was implying they were in the same state?
This Wikipedia page of automotive factories says he was the only one dumb enough to open in California.

He's running afoul of county health codes, not state ones, anyway.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by Leisher »

If he's the only one, then fuck 'em.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: If he's the only one, then fuck 'em.
He made a dumb decision, he gets the consequences. There's a reason all the other automakers have been trending towards the South.
Leisher
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by Leisher »

It's not dumb. It's insanely dumb and really, really bad business.

Who builds a plant with the criteria of "where will it cost us the most to make our product"?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by TheCatt »

Alameda County caves
Tweeting close to midnight, the Alameda County Public Health Department, which apparently spent all of Tuesday dodging questions from reporters, announced it had “agreed” to a “site-specific plan” that would allow Tesla to conduct “Minimum Business Operations.” This will remain in place until next week, officials said, in preparation for a “possible reopening.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by TheCatt »

Now worth more at $388B than Walmart ($373B).

Tesla sales: $25B / yr

WMT Revenus: $544B / yr
Leisher
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by Leisher »

That's insane because Walmart is Amazon's biggest competitor.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by TheCatt »

Since Tesla went public a decade ago, its market value has surged to $659 billion to become the sixth-largest company in the U.S. market.
This is absurd.
Leisher
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by Leisher »

Based on the fact that the vast, vast majority of people I know do not have a Tesla. Not to mention they have zero real buzz.

Yes.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Based on the fact that the vast, vast majority of people I know do not have a Tesla. Not to mention they have zero real buzz.

Yes.
Move over here, you can't drive down the street without seeing one. At least 4 friends own them.

On the other hand, the vast majority of the people you know NOT owning them means they have a lot of room to grow! :)
Leisher
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by Leisher »

To be fair, I live where Jeeps are made. You can't drive down your driveway without seeing three of them.

There is a Tesla dealership about 5 minutes from my house though.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: You can't drive down your driveway without seeing three of them.
That's a good way for those people to stay poor.
Leisher
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by Leisher »

"those people"...racist.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Musk thinks completely autonomous cars will be in reach this year
!RmindMe 12/31/2019 - L3
!RmindMe 12/31/2020 - L4
I'm skeptical, although in details, sounds like he's promising less.
“I think we will be feature complete — full self-driving — this year,” Musk said. “Meaning the car will be able to find you in a parking lot, pick you up and take you all the way to your destination without an intervention, this year. I would say I am certain of that. That is not a question mark.”
He goes on to explain that this advanced autopilot feature won’t mean Teslas will be able to maneuver themselves through any situation. From how Musk describes it, the upgrade sounds like a “Level 3” autonomous driving. That’s defined as “conditional automation” by the Society of Automotive Engineers, which can dynamically drive itself but requires that the driver step in if something goes wrong.

Musk said that a truly self-driving Tesla, that doesn’t require any intervention will be here by 2020.
In July 2020, industry experts said that Musk and Tesla's autonomous driving plans lack credibility, and their goal of achieving level 5 autonomy by the end of 2020 isn't feasible.[56]
As of today, it's still classified as Level 2. So... Musk failed. *shock*
Leisher
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: As of today, it's still classified as Level 2. So... Musk failed. *shock*
Duh?

There are countless variables to deal with if a car is truly going to be automated. It's a pipe dream to think it could be done in such a short span of time.

Plus, this isn't an area where the general public are going to be excited by whoever gets to market first. Safety is going to be priority #1.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: There are countless variables to deal with if a car is truly going to be automated. It's a pipe dream to think it could be done in such a short span of time.
I'm just calling him out...
Leisher
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:19 am Where Tesla makes it's money.
Tesla is basically subsidized by other automakers.
Leisher
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by Leisher »

Musk compares Tesla to TikTok in a message to China, in regards, to concerns about Tesla spying.

I don't know if that's a great comparison or awesome trolling...!?