Tesla Motors

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by TheCatt »

No one in drivers seat during fatal accident.

That "driver must be paying attention system" works great.

Also, battery fires suck.
Fire fighters reportedly used 32,000 gallons of water and spent hours suppressing the fire that resulted from the electric vehicle crash.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by GORDON »

I've seen like experimental boxes they put around burning electric cars, to concentrate fire extinguishing solution/whatever.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:34 am No one in drivers seat during fatal accident.
If you are the sort of person that blindly trusts automated driving at this stage in its development, the humanity is probably winning when you're eliminated.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by GORDON »

The more I think about it, the more I think that until we have HAL 9000 level AI, these "self driving" cars are going to need their own lanes and infrastructure, in order to not crash into anything it wasn't specifically programmed to recognize.

I bet a Tesla would drive autonomously just fine on a 50 mile stretch of road between concrete barriers and no non-Teslas allowed.
Leisher
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by Leisher »

I honestly can't believe people are so ready to trust a vehicle that drives itself.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by TheCatt »

Wants special laws
Tesla chief Elon Musk was unsurprisingly unhappy with this, saying his company "sure would appreciate" a change in the law to avoid this workaround. The proposed law would have allowed any automaker to sell directly to customers in Texas so long as the vehicles were entirely electric and weren't sold through dealerships, opening the door to Tesla as well as competitors like Rivian.
GORDON
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by GORDON »

They need to scrap dealer protection laws entirely.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by TheCatt »

I hope she wins.
Leisher
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by Leisher »

I do too. Based on her story I'm actually a little surprised that media savvy Elon hasn't reached out to resolve this before it became a bigger issue.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:41 am I do too. Based on her story I'm actually a little surprised that media savvy Elon hasn't reached out to resolve this before it became a bigger issue.
Leisher wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:41 am I do too. Based on her story I'm actually a little surprised that media savvy Elon hasn't reached out to resolve this before it became a bigger issue.
That's not his style. Remember the whole pedo thing?
Leisher
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:09 am
That's not his style. Remember the whole pedo thing?
Unfortunately yes.
GORDON
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by GORDON »

Anything ever come of it, or did he keep quiet because he knew it was true?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:40 am Anything ever come of it, or did he keep quiet because he knew it was true?
Elon was cleared
Unsworth brought the suit against Musk in September 2018, after the Tesla and SpaceX CEO had called him “sus” (suspicious) and a “pedo guy” on Twitter earlier that summer. Musk also characterized the spelunker as a “child rapist” in e-mails to Buzzfeed reporter Ryan Mac, and practically requested the lawsuit in August 2018 with a tweet that said, “Don’t you think it’s strange he hasn’t sued me?”

In his testimony during the defamation trial this week, Musk apologized to Unsworth and said he did not believe the cave explorer was a pedophile.

Musk and his defense team, led by attorney Alex Spiro, argued that “pedo guy” was simply heated rhetoric and not meant as a statement of fact. They also argued that the phrase “pedo guy” is widely known as slang for “creepy old guy.” And they suggested that Unsworth was looking for a payday in court, and had not sincerely been harmed by the “pedo guy” label.

The clash between the two men began when Unsworth criticized Musk for involving himself, and his employees, in an effort to rescue 12 boys and their soccer coach from flooded caves in Thailand in July 2018.

Unsworth’s expertise and knowledge of the caves proved instrumental in extracting the soccer team. He is credited as being a leader of the rescue effort.
GORDON
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by GORDON »

I think it's always assumed you're a pedo if you're a white male in Thailand, these days. Even SNL observed that.