Tesla Motors

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
GORDON
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote:
GORDON wrote: They've been testing these on the roads, hundreds of thousands of.miles, for years. I'm guessing what's holding it up is government.
I'm going to guess it's the deaths.
Which are statistically fewer than idiot operated cars.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Which are statistically fewer than idiot operated cars.
True, but means they haven't achieved L3 yet.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by TheCatt »

I'm not on Elon's side here, for sure.
Leisher
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by GORDON »

They priced the next model so low that it competes with the Leaf, but at least Nissan isn't going under soon, prolly.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by TheCatt »

That article lists the top reasons I haven't bought a Tesla. I just don't trust them
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by TheCatt »

Tesla Reports Loss Amid Struggles Delivering Model 3 Cars https://www.wsj.com/articles/tesla-repo ... 1556141829

Losing a bunch of money again
Leisher
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by Leisher »

Parked Tesla explodes in garage.

Yeah, sign me up for one of these. Nothing says "sleep soundly" like a ticking time bomb sitting in your garage.
GORDON
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by GORDON »

As dubious as I usually am about such things.... that seems like something they'd want to fix.
Leisher
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by Leisher »

Just keep in mind that cell phones batteries also explode. It's very rare considering the number of cell phones out there, but it happens.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Parked Tesla explodes in garage.

Yeah, sign me up for one of these. Nothing says "sleep soundly" like a ticking time bomb sitting in your garage.
Batteries explode. You put a bunch of them together, and they are more likely to explode. The explosions will be rare, but they will happen. I don't know if it's possible to make them completely safe.

It's a concern. I was on the Tesla reddit, who would probably perform oral on Elon the rest of his life if they could, and they were upset at how big of a deal the press was making. I mean, ICE cars explode, but usually for a really evident reason (like a crash), not while sitting in anyone's garage.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by Leisher »

That is one of my top five favorite episodes. Maybe top three.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by TheCatt »

Too bad it cannot protect the stock price.

Leisher
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by TheCatt »

Tesla door handles blamed for police not being able to enter care during fire
The futuristic door handles on Tesla Inc.’s Model S are being blamed for a fatal crash in which a police officer was unable to pull a man to safety from his burning car.

Omar Awan, a 48-year-old anesthesiologist, was driving his leased Tesla in February when he lost control on a south Florida parkway and the car slammed into a palm tree, according to a wrongful death lawsuit filed in state court in Broward County.

A police officer couldn’t open the doors because the handles were retracted and bystanders watched helplessly as the car filled with smoke and flames, according to the complaint, which alleges the fire originated with the car’s battery.

The door handles on the Model S are flush with the car and pop out -- “auto-present” in the words of Tesla -- when they detect that the key fob is nearby.

“Fire engulfed the car and burned Dr. Awan beyond recognition -- all because the Model S has inaccessible door handles, no other way to open the doors, and an unreasonably dangerous fire risk,” according to the Oct. 10 suit. The complaint lists the cause of death as smoke inhalation and states that Awan had sustained no internal injuries or broken bones in the crash.
Leisher
Site Admin

Tesla Motors

Post by Leisher »

What a stupid design.

How did that get past QA?